Are you a polite driver

Goaters

Driving eh - those of us middle class enough to own a car will know the day to day politeness of our fellow drivers really varies.

So my question: Do you thank someone for thanking you if you let them through if a car is blocking you after you’ve waited until the other car has passed?

When people don’t thank me it really builds up some extreme form of rage inside me that I probably should see a therapist about. My wife said it shouldn’t bother me but every time I don’t get thanked it ruins my next 20 minutes in the car at least.

Driving eh - those of us middle class enough to own a car will know the day to day politeness of our fellow drivers really varies.

So my question: Do you thank someone for thanking you if you let them through if a car is blocking you after you’ve waited until the other car has passed?

When people don’t thank me it really builds up some extreme form of rage inside me that I probably should see a therapist about. My wife said it shouldn’t bother me but every time I don’t get thanked it ruins my next 20 minutes in the car at least

Yes I do.

However, I maintain it’s better to be predictable on the road, rather than polite.

If other drivers can predict your behaviour, then you are much less likely to crash

I do give a little wave to say thank you to someone who gives me way, but I don’t say thank you to anyone for saying thank you to me no.

Fuck whether I'm polite or not, OP you've got serious issues. If you are that wound up for 20 minutes are you safe to be driving ?

I always say thank you. Sometimes preemptively - If I need to get out of a junction or switch lanes in slow moving traffic I always put my indicator on, wind window down and say thank you before anyone has flashed/let me in… works a treat as they always then let me in, unless they are a mardy ****.

When people don’t thank me it really builds up some extreme form of rage inside me that I probably should see a therapist about. My wife said it shouldn’t bother me but every time I don’t get thanked it ruins my next 20 minutes in the car at least.
You should just buy yourself a Porsche.

Nobody will ever let you into traffic, or give way, and after a while you’ll just do the same. Won’t have to worry about please and thank yous then.

Makes things a lot simpler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.