Are you excited about the new season?

Really ???
Yes, because that’s the here and now.

While the celebrations and elation for the CL/treble were probably the biggest we have ever and may ever have supporting City, they’re in the past now and nobody is celebrating them like they were on the night or the few weeks after they happened anymore.

It's sad I know but I want to see Pep obliterate as many of GPC's records as possible in his time here so 4 consecutive PL's and/or 2CL's are what I'd love this season.
Looking forward to seeing development of some young players too and hopefully Foden maturing to his full potential.

More relaxed than normal until kick off then I’ll be a stress monkey again

I’d rip your arm off now for either the prem (4th time) or CL (b2b)

The flip-side is that we may end up with no pots, then assuming we don’t get relegated then we’ll have to accept it and get ready for title challenge next season
How long Pep will stay - realistically, two years? No way he wants it all to fade away. Football in general have short memories (unless your Liverpool then 1977 was like yesterday....even for those who weren't born!) I do think he will go for as much as possible this season. I think next season Pep will have a key role in recruiting the next manager may even have a bedding in period..we do seem to do things differently and correctly. Most top CEO jobs outside football seem to have a proper handover, unless incumbent is sacked. I see City trying to do the same if Pep is up for it.

I have a warm glow tbh. Even if we dont win the title this season we did the treble and no one is going to better that. In fact thats the only thing I fear this year is that somehow lfc or utd do a treble.. Somehow!

So I am totally relaxed, still.

Excited. Yeah sure. I always enjoy the banter at work and living in the south I enjoy listening to the fans of other clubs and their take on City now we are a success story.
As far as City goes I'm amazed we continue to hit new heights and cant help feeling we have peaked in some way...but I felt that after winning the fa cup v stoke, on 93:20, when Jesus chipped the goalie for 100 pts, the domestic treble and last season. Can we better it? It would be an enormous achievement. Unheard of really. I suppose their is always another stat to try and beat. The quadruple, a season unbeaten, a season of winning every game etc.... they are the new goals.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.