Are you glad we binned the Latin motto?

Definitely. Hated the badge and motto much more than I should have.

The new badge is a thing of beauty.

I can see it's not a popular view on here, but I much preferred the eagle/stars badge.

If we want to appeal to new young fans, and increase our appeal outside Manchester, then eagles & stars & latin mottos about going into battle, are exactly what we want.

And a boat & a flower/rose ... and the colours yellow & red... are exactly what you don't want.

I think the new badge was a step backwards, for where this club is now trying to reach/ position itself.

Arsenal have a cannon, Chelsea have an eagle, United have Satan ... and we have a flower & a boat trundling up the canal.

I think we're missing the point of what a badge is meant to be - exciting and "up for battle".
But the motto means going into battle with arrogance. It’s a derogatory motto attached to armies that went into battle thinking they’re going to win with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see it's not a popular view on here, but I much preferred the eagle/stars badge.

If we want to appeal to new young fans, and increase our appeal outside Manchester, then eagles & stars & latin mottos about going into battle, are exactly what we want.

And a boat & a flower/rose ... and the colours yellow & red... are exactly what you don't want.

I think the new badge was a step backwards, for where this club is now trying to reach/ position itself.

Arsenal have a cannon, Chelsea have an eagle, United have Satan ... and we have a flower & a boat trundling up the canal.

I think we're missing the point of what a badge is meant to be - exciting and "up for battle".
I was firmly in the keep the bird camp. But have to wait 20 years and we are crap again before others want it back because it's part of our istry.

Veni Vidi Vici from Ceaser would be more appropriate now, bit arrogant though

Or

Et Tu Uefus

images
I miss this though.

Once saw it referred to as “ The B of the Bollox “ I think it was on here... very amusing and quite fitting
Looking at that picture you’d think it was huge, was never that big
Wonder if the council ever got there millions back from the designer or did they settle for the scrap metal price.

When did Chelsea get an eagle on their badge? Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.