Are You Officially Priced Out Yet, Or Almost?

The club should be aiming to pay players(especially any potential new signings) less per year to keep admission costs lower for attending supporters. We cannot be expected to absorb year on year increases to appease greedy players wage demands influenced by avaricious leech like agents in order to sign for us, that is the bottom like really. I am not priced out yet, but like many, I don't buy food and drink in the stadium for rip off prices...

Changing the subject slightly here but it relates to the club having to raise prices. Players, well most players are paid far too much, and it is us mug punters that are expected to pay more year on year.

Take the recent signing of Bacary Sagna for example. I cannot understand how 31.5 year old Sagna managed to command a reported 150k per week 3 year contract. I don't know how much he was on at Arse n' hole, but I would of thought a nominal salary increase and a chance to win honours with progressive club would be the main incentive to join us ?
Yet Sagna says he is not greedy and money was not the motivation to join us according to the Daily Fail. Erm yeah right Bacary, whatever!

city91 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kiam,

What do you think about the fella who wants to take his lads to Stoke at home? It's their first game and the dad is having to fork out a fortune just for the right to buy a ticket? He then has to pay silly money for his ticket and even sillier money for his two kids. His day out with everything else is costing close on £200.

Do you think that represents good value?

I personally think it's exploitation.

I don't think many are saying that they can't afford their ST. I can but I empathise with the bloke who can't watch us, can't bring his kids to watch us, can't give his own lads what his dad gave him.

Do you have no empathy for that?

Is it all ok for you as long as city beat FFP even if it means screwing fans into the bargain?

What would be your limit? Everyone has a limit surely?

Giving up your car and turning your heating off to save your £12 a week is admirable but should people really have to do that to watch a game of football?

What we are doing as a club is a worrying development, prices are rising year on year, fans are being moved out of seats they have had since 2003 to accommodate day trippers with money, we are having to pay to keep up the loyalty point ladder. These are all traits that we loved to slag the rags off for yet when we do it, some, you included, seem to think it's a price to pay for success.

Our opinions clearly differ!

Bang on the money!!

Football should be a luxury that a person on the minimum wage working 40 hours a week should be able to afford, not scrimp and save to afford.

When the cost is taking such an amount out an a person's income that they cannot afford simple other luxuries such as the odd pint or takeaway then the simple answer is that they have been priced out of football.

Both you chaps are absolutely right & I echo your comments.

I imagine the majority of those on here saying they are priced out will still find a way of getting to a few games, whether borrowing mates SC's or ticket exchange.

For me what the club are doing is just turning fans away from buying the membership. At £35 just to be able to buy a ticket is ridiculous whilst at the same time trying to make us feel part of some cheesy cringe worthy citizens club. At a tenner I didn't mind, then £20 I just about went for it, but no chance am I paying £35. At least until we stuff the scousers, arsenal and chelsea and I get all giddy again and cant help myself.

ive given up my season card this year, mainly due to my family commitments, first child arrived the day we beat united 4-1.

i can afford the cost fairly comfortably if i attend every game but living in darlington makes that difficult sometimes. id normally travel down with a few lads from the area which splits the cost and driving duties. however, when i cant make some games then the cost of the sc on a per match basis starts to go up a bit. its harder to sell on the ticket living a distance away too so id be stuck with it.

i am planning on taking my lad to matches in a few years when hes a bit older, as my dad did with me. however, if the cost of one off tickets keeps rising then its not really practical. think he might serve his match going apprenticeship in the non-league with darlington!

its a shame really, when i was growing up my dad and a few of his mates might decide to take us all up to the match on the morning of the game, cant really do that anymore which might mean a lost generation of fans in the future.

Not read the whole thread but my SC price actually came down this year... By a tenner but still

willipp said:
I imagine the majority of those on here saying they are priced out will still find a way of getting to a few games, whether borrowing mates SC's or ticket exchange.

For me what the club are doing is just turning fans away from buying the membership. At £35 just to be able to buy a ticket is ridiculous whilst at the same time trying to make us feel part of some cheesy cringe worthy citizens club. At a tenner I didn't mind, then £20 I just about went for it, but no chance am I paying £35. At least until we stuff the scousers, arsenal and chelsea and I get all giddy again and cant help myself.

Stop saying that, you can buy a ticket without membership . The £35 is for priority most games go on general sale.

blueparrot said:
willipp said:

Stop saying that, you can buy a ticket without membership . The £35 is for priority most games go on general sale.

I'm pretty sure that last season nearly all home PL games sold out before being put on general sale. I'd be interested to see the stats on this.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
blueparrot said:
willipp said:

I'm pretty sure that last season nearly all home PL games sold out before being put on general sale. I'd be interested to see the stats on this.

Tickets for Stoke now on general sale no cityzen membership required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.