Are You Paid a Fair Wage?

I get paid fuck all, just clearing 20 grand because I work 6 days a week, would be 17k if and when I chose to revert to normal hours. But I think as ever the money is only half the story, I consider myself to have a high quality of life because our office is a lot more relaxed than most normal office jobs, it's a small company, I have the trust of the directors to a large extent, and most of the people there are friends.

Working in one of these horrible 'no personal phone calls, internet blocked, don't be five minutes late from lunch or it's a disciplinary' offices for a couple of extra grand would be a totally shit deal from my perspective.

sergiokun said:
I work 45 hours a week at get £250 I don't get paid enough IMO but I get by paying rent and my season ticket. hate how people on benefits get more than a working class person. I only work for a debt management company but for the hours I work I wish I got more

That is fucked, mate.
The small two bedroomed house next door to us is rented out for what you earn per week.
How the fuck do you live on that?

southern muppet said:
I get paid fuck all, just clearing 20 grand because I work 6 days a week, would be 17k if and when I chose to revert to normal hours. But I think as ever the money is only half the story, I consider myself to have a high quality of life because our office is a lot more relaxed than most normal office jobs, it's a small company, I have the trust of the directors to a large extent, and most of the people there are friends.

Working in one of these horrible 'no personal phone calls, internet blocked, don't be five minutes late from lunch or it's a disciplinary' offices for a couple of extra grand would be a totally shit deal from my perspective.

My old job was like that mate you would get warnings for being a minute late.

didactic said:
southern muppet said:

My old job was like that mate you would get warnings for being a minute late.

It makes you think these companies are run by idiots to be honest, surely they can see that one or two minutes is worth less than the benefits of a happy workforce for not feeling like they're treated like kids/minions?

My dad went to do some temping in an office like that after 20 years out of work and he had to leave even before he'd had a run-in with them himself, just from seeing the rules and how others were treated, said it wound it him up. Common sense and flexibility seemed to have been replaced by petty regulations and the pen-pushers that love them. No room for thought.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BWTAC said:
I get free use of the waltzers, a bag of candy floss and a goldfish in a bag, I see that as a fair wage.

...not to mention all the underage girls you can lure back to your caravan.

They all want a Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, instead, all they get is a Big Fat Gypsy.

pominoz said:
sergiokun said:
I work 45 hours a week at get £250 I don't get paid enough IMO but I get by paying rent and my season ticket. hate how people on benefits get more than a working class person. I only work for a debt management company but for the hours I work I wish I got more

That is fucked, mate.
The small two bedroomed house next door to us is rented out for what you earn per week.
How the fuck do you live on that?

Share with my brother so split the bills what helps massively. If I get a bonus on top off my wage I can come out with roughly £300 a week but that’s only IF and most times I don’t. once I pay rent, bills, food and season ticket it doesn’t leave me with much. If I lived on my own I would be screwed and wouldn’t be going city every game. It’s better than the dole but for 45 hours a week I wish I got more mate. Still only 23 so plenty of time to find a decent paid job :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.