Are you proud to be a Manc?

Proud to be a blue through thick and thin because I chose that. I had no say in where I was born and brought up, so manc….ok.

That top picture looks like the Piccadilly Gardens I remember when I first left school.
The other brilliant place was Parsonage Gardens behind Kendals. I worked in an office building that overlooked them. Unfortunately our office was in the basement with windows that showed us the feet of people going by! So you can imagine that dinner times were spent in the gardens most days. :-)
Manchester had/has beauty. :-)
The gardens at the end of St John's street was nice also had a kiddies park where me and our kid went when we stayed at grans on Liverpool rd.
Born St Mary's 59 close enough to Maine Rd ;-)

Last edited:
Being "a Manc" has nothing to do with the architecture or the buildings or the shit state of the place in some areas.

Growing-up in Manchester shaped me in to the person I am today. Sharp, funny, self-deprecating, passionate, ruthless, kind, generous, proud, strong, dignified, honest, compassionate, ambitious, loyal, humble and able to empathise.

These are some of the qualities that define "a Manc" and yes I'm proud to be one.

I’m proud of where I’m from, Eccles of course, but if asked, when abroad, am also ok with saying Manchester as, unfortunately Salford is not really known as a City very widely!
So I guess the short answer is yes.
Hi,I was born in Eccles in the early 1960s when it was still part of Lancashire,clung on to that rather than the Salford connection which came about in 1974 boundary changes..

Hi,I was born in Eccles in the early 1960s when it was still part of Lancashire,clung on to that rather than the Salford connection which came about in 1974 boundary changes..
Oh, I’m definitely a Lancashire Lass. Never Greater Manchester as a County for me. As I say very few people think of Salford as a city. Lassie from Lancashire. :-) :-)

Being "a Manc" has nothing to do with the architecture or the buildings or the shit state of the place in some areas.

Growing-up in Manchester shaped me in to the person I am today. Sharp, funny, self-deprecating, passionate, ruthless, kind, generous, proud, strong, dignified, honest, compassionate, ambitious, loyal, humble and able to empathise.

These are some of the qualities that define "a Manc" and yes I'm proud to be one.
Some marvellous traits there, but remember some mancs are………….rags. Oh the horror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.