Areas with a few good pubs on route to Wembley

Don’t fancy any of the pubs around wembley as I’ve generally thought they were dumps but it’s the 1st time we’re staying in London and what area is best for a drink that’s easy enough to get to Wembley on tube isn’t something I’m educated on.

So are there any areas any blues can recommend from experience? What’s it like around Paddington? I ask because it’s easy enough to get to from where we’re staying and easy enough to get to Wembley from.

Don’t want much, few decent pubs with good beer selection and likely to have a few in that are going to the game.

Cheers in advance.

St John's Wood is very nice and has some good pubs. That's where I usually go. However, they're not usually found by football fans and that's why I like it. :)

On the same line as Wembley, Jubilee line I think.

jumping on this thread aswell for advice,
we are stopping in Uxbridge for 1st time,
is it worth staying there or travelling closer to wembley for a few beers.
ie stopping off wealdstone or Harrow
cheers

cheers
Wealdstone is always good, cheap for London, they look after us & normally have food on the barbie for us.

Farringdon is very good. Short hop from Euston Sq/Kings X and then Metropolitan Line direct to Wembley from there. It’s quiet on a weekend too being on the edge of the City but most of the pubs still open on a Saturday and there are some excellent ones, including a Brew Dog & Craft Beer Company place, that’s where I went pre-BHA Semi and it worked v well.

I'm coming from a different direction to most of you, but I do have a ritual for these things!

Car to Richmond, Train/tube to Camden Town, Breakfast in Wetherspoons overlooking Camden Lock, Back to either Green Man at Gt Portland or TCRLounge on Tottenham Court Road (nothing special, but huge patio/beer garden area for central London! Pizza's are good too!) Euston Square tube to Wembley.

cheers
We’ve stayed in Uxbridge three times now and will be doing next week.
A fair few decent pubs on the high street including a couple of Wetherspoons and Greene King pubs.
If the tube is running you are at Wembley in half an hour and without the mad rush at the bar.

If the tube isn’t running get the overground from West Ruislip. Bus or taxi will get you there

Think we’re getting the Marleybone to Wembley, are there any decent pubs for Blues near Marleybone station? Any help appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.