Aren't City's players nice!

Big Swifty

I know I'm biased, but in the aftermath of Sunday's game, it struck me what decent guys we have in our team. Someone in another post used the word "dignity" in referring to our demeanour in the last few days. Spot on.

From the manager downwards, men like Vincent Kompany, Samir Nasri, Zabba and the rest came across as essentially decent and honourable.

Contrast this with the appearance of Utd (can't bring myself to spell it in full) players and officials when they've won something. Starting with the sneers of the departed SAF, the ugly coarse features of Rooney, the gibes of the equally aesthetically challenged Ferdinand, the shifty little black beady eyes of Giggs - not to mention their smug arrogance and misguided sense of entitlement - they cannot compare in any way with us. I feel that Van Gaal will be cut from the same cloth.

The nasty little barbed arrows and mind games of Rodgers didn't endear him to me, either. Can't imagine Pellegrini sinking to that level. I feel we as a club should get more media credit for this.

Am I seeing the world through blue-tinted specs, or do others agree with me?

Big Swifty said:
I know I'm biased, but in the aftermath of Sunday's game, it struck me what decent guys we have in our team. Someone in another post used the word "dignity" in referring to our demeanour in the last few days. Spot on.

From the manager downwards, men like Vincent Kompany, Samir Nasri, Zabba and the rest came across as essentially decent and honourable.

Contrast this with the appearance of Utd (can't bring myself to spell it in full) players and officials when they've won something. Starting with the sneers of the departed SAF, the ugly coarse features of Rooney, the gibes of the equally aesthetically challenged Ferdinand, the shifty little black beady eyes of Giggs - not to mention their smug arrogance and misguided sense of entitlement - they cannot compare in any way with us. I feel that Van Gaal will be cut from the same cloth.

The nasty little barbed arrows and mind games of Rodgers didn't endear him to me, either. Can't imagine Pellegrini sinking to that level. I feel we as a club should get more media credit for this.

Am I seeing the world through blue-tinted specs, or do others agree with me?
Spot on 100% I have just been reading through and looking at the pictures on the Abu dhabi thread and i still cannot come to terms with what our fantastic owners have done for us.

After the departure of Balotelli and Tevez the squad does appear free of any dickishness. An amazing achievement considering money is said to fuel cuntish behaviour.

No no no OP; you've got it badly wrong. They're all money-grabbing mercenary bastards who don't give a flying fuck about the club. Especially that twat Zabaleta.

One of Txiki and Ferran's stated aims during player recruitment and development is to build great people as well as great players, so hardly surprising but yes OP, I fully agree with you.

I've heard rags complaining that there are no unlikeable players in our team as well. Unlike there team where pretty much every single one of them are twats.

Yorkshire said:
After the departure of Balotelli and Tevez the squad does appear free of any dickishness. An amazing achievement considering money is said to fuel cuntish behaviour.

We seem to buy a lot of hard working, quiet family men. All our acquisitions last summer came with maturity and humility and a real will to win.

The psychological profile of players we buy must be hugely important and Txiki seems to be judging characters well.

Something tells me Jovetic is going to find himself on our rivals' "see-you-next-tuesday" list once he starts getting more playing time.

Fully agree with most of the above.

One thing to remember is that when most clubs come into money (including ourselves when we were spending under Thaksin and at other times when we've had a reasonable transfer budget) we all start with the viewpoint that we want top quality players, who are trouble free on & off the pitch, have the right attitude, right type of agent, appropriate salary, etc, etc

What then happens is you rarely get the player you want, particularly within budget, because those types of players are highly sought after and that's if the current club will let them go. So you end up compromising yourself and buying 2nd/3rd/4th choice, who does have attitude/history/baggage. We also did it at first with the abu dhabi money, as the very very best quality players would not come to us for the money alone if they were baggage free as those players would be in demand from RM/Barca/Utd etc

As we have become a far more attractive proposition to the best players in the world, combined with the fact we need fewer new top players each successive transfer window, we can afford to pick & choose more and if the right player isn't available, don't buy anyone at all rather than buy someone with baggage.

I agree of course that we have extra influence from owners/senior officers who particularly don't want trouble makers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.