Argentina for the cup

Argentina have the very best attack in the world!
but their defence is dog shite!!

Any team has a chance against the Argies because they will concede goals! I wathed them a few times in their qualifying league and they were very very average! if any attack broke down they conceded corners, free kicks in and around the box, penatlies, chances or goals!

Messi-----Tevez-----Di Maria
----------Higuian-----------

Unstoppable.

Like someone said though defence is not the greatest.

S.E.H said:
I can see a Spain/Argentina final, with Holland and Italy 3rd and 4th

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think Brazil are any kop! Brazil are the most overrated team in the world! they only just beat Englands 2nd 11 with an average performance when they were full strength!

I wouldn't even say they had a good attack. They've got unbelievable attacking players, but they just don't perform together. Messi is an absolute shadow of his Barca self when he puts on the Argentina shirt. Tevez and Aguero seem to be playing Marco Pollo all the time.

Maradona's an awful, awful coach.

mcfc_die_hard said:
bluevengence said:
No chance

i wouldnt write them off that easily lad
I would with maradona as manager, you only have to look at the difference in the England team with Capello over Mclaren to see how important the manager is at this level.
Argentina have great players but look shit with this clown in charge.

Argentina's group isn't too fearsome (South Korea, Nigeria and Greece) I expect them to qualify from that, and it would be foolish to write them off, going by their qualification. Remember when Brazil struggled to qualify for 2002? I'm just unsure of Maradona. If they had someone like Hiddink, I would be scared. Maradona needs to find a system that gets the best out of Messi, as he IMO is the best player in the world, and could light up this tournament the same way Pele, Garrincha, and Maradona himself have done in the past. Angel Di Maria looks quality. Their defence though does seem to be improving, Samuel is back, and Demichelis is a good defender.

danburge82 said:
S.E.H said:
I can see a Spain/Argentina final, with Holland and Italy 3rd and 4th

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think Brazil are any kop! Brazil are the most overrated team in the world! they only just beat Englands 2nd 11 with an average performance when they were full strength!

Ya right, all of England will be shitting bricks if the team has to play Brazil in the world cup. They're at least one of the top 2 teams in the world and favourites to win.

Not to mention they pwned Italy 3-0 last time they played.

Naah i doubt Argentina will win the world cup. Both their midfielders and defenders are pretty average at best. Their only strength is their Attack but attackers alone can't win you trophies, i would even go as far as saying if you have a quality defence line you have a better chances to go further in any competition.

Plus maradona is really clueless tactical wise.

I'd bet on spain, germany and england to go far in the world cup. But we'll see....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.