Argentina national team with Falklands banner

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nachop666 said:
davymcfc said:
Things like that should be kept away from football. I really want Argentina to do well this World Cup but it's things like that which will turn a lot of people against them.

Agree 100%. About the Malvinas/Falklands sovereignty I prefer not give my opinion, because I don't want to start a fight. The only thing I have to say is that the people need to read more and talk less about the history of the islands and the conflict. On both sides.
Sorry for my poor english. Greatings from Rosario
I once sat next to a music conductor from Rosario on a flight from Washington DC to Buenos Aires who was a Falklands veteran, who fought in the war when he was 18. A thoroughly absorbing conversation and a lovely bloke.

The Argentinian conscripts didn't stand a chance against the professional fighting force that was, and is, the British Army.

Great post that GDM...throw the Ghurkas into the mix as well and they were done before they started.

All very sad,wish Politicians would do the fighting for a change one day.

Phil Meup said:
nachop666 said:
davymcfc said:

Agree 100%. About the Malvinas/Falklands sovereignty I prefer not give my opinion, because I don't want to start a fight. The only thing I have to say is that the people need to read more and talk less about the history of the islands and the conflict. On both sides.
Fascinating to hear from someone in Argentina!
You're English is fine - greetings back to you!
I certainly hope Argentina do well in the World Cup.

I hope so too. But I will be happy if we get the semis.

Phil Meup said:
nachop666 said:
davymcfc said:

It's better than yours.

nachop666 said:
davymcfc said:
Things like that should be kept away from football. I really want Argentina to do well this World Cup but it's things like that which will turn a lot of people against them.

I once sat next to a music conductor from Rosario on a flight from Washington DC to Buenos Aires who was a Falklands veteran, who fought in the war when he was 18. A thoroughly absorbing conversation and a lovely bloke.

The Argentinian conscripts didn't stand a chance against the professional fighting force that was, and is, the British Army.

They didn't but they did have a lot of special forces on the island and outnumbered us by 3-1 in most of the battles

Ban-jani said:
Phil Meup said:
nachop666 said:

It's better than yours.
Fkin hell! You're right!
What a cock I am!

kinkysleftfoot said:
nachop666 said:

They didn't but they did have a lot of special forces on the island and outnumbered us by 3-1 in most of the battles
Your statistical, numerical reference supports, not undermines, my point.

kinkysleftfoot said:

Your statistical, numerical reference supports, not undermines, my point.

I wasn't trying to undermine it, I was supporting it.

Phil Meup said:
Sigh said:
It's pidgin English. Origin uncertain, first encountered amongst the Chinese diaspora, especially in Singapore and the rest of the Malaya peninsula Borneo etc as a go-between language between the non-Mandarin Chinese (whether native Cantonese speakers or not), British, Dutch and Portuguese (the business and civil servant classes of the latter two usually speaking English as a second language) especially used in the merchant trade all the way from Rangoon through the S. China Sea, and up through the Bohai.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with birds.

I apologize if this post causes offence.
I'm offended!
Please don't use American spellings!

Words ending in -ize or -ise

Verbs in British English that can be spelled with either -ize or -ise at the end are always spelled with -ize at the end in American English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.