Argentina national team with Falklands banner

Taximania said:
No it is not.

You enter into this great competition and in doing so encapsulate all that is good in performing on the world stage with your fellow man.
It is not to be used for propaganda or political protest.
It is a competition and a game of football that unites together the nations of the world.

In the complex world according to njinsky you may not have follow rules.
But when you climb outside of your warm matrix you will find that rules in reality-ville have to apply to us all .
Why even on here we have governing rules with moderators penalties and sanctions.
Its called the COC and enables us to debate in pleasant friendly cozy environments devoid of cyber bullies and infantile trolls.

With rules come penalties.
Rules and regulations exist to help ensure that activities run smoothly and fairly.
This is also true in British horseracing.
Their rules and regulations help to ensure that races are run fairly, that jockeys are adequately trained, and that the health and welfare of the racehorses and jockeys is paramount.

Countries have in the past been banned for infringement and breaking world cup law.
Chile comes to mind for cheating with the infamous Rogas The flashing blade

Mexico got themselves banned from Italia 90 for using over age players.

Argentina have not entered into the spirit of 2014.
They were fully aware it would cause distress anxiety and knee-jerky reactions but still went ahead with their political statement to the watching world.

I expect the governing body to now step up to the mark and take action otherwise it becomes a free for all propagandist soap box.
If not a ban then a least a red level one warning.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Taximania said:
I honestly believe that Argentina should be expelled from the competition.

What a load of kneejerk hysterical claptrap.
I'm no fan of using sporting events to make political gestures, but expelling a country for a banner would be ridiculous.

I didn't say 'you may not have follow rules', whatever pigeon English that is meant to mean - I don't agree with political gestures such as this, and I'm sure Argentina will be punished for it.
What I was stating was that expelling a country for unfurling a banner is a disproportionate punishment.
Something which you seem to acknowledge yourself in one of your more reflective and rational moments when you suggested a warning instead.
Posting emotive footage of dead folk and stories of derring do and bravery does not strengthen your case, by the way, and I honestly don't have a fucking clue just what 'Argentina haven't entered into the spirit of 2014' actually means either.
They have sent a football team to compete in a football competition - I fail to see how a banner has anything to do with that whatsoever.
And we all know they won't be thrown out anyway, so your argument is purely hypothetical.

stony said:
Crab Paste! said:
We've had two posters on this thread who both served in the Falklands, one is offended, one couldn't care less: not hard to hazard a guess as to which one lives the happier life.

What a cuntish comment.

Life is too short to be getting offended by words on a banner at a football match referring to what colour a tiny blob should be painted in the atlas.

It matters not a jot. The sad thing is people losing their life's over it.

We all know that only the people at the top of UEFA/FIFA can make political statements and gestures.

I just wont let a bunch of antagonising cunts who suggested these players unfurl that monstrosity to get to me, because in reality that's all the protest/fuckwittery was about anyway.

Anyone who has personal experience with the war is entitled to feel how every they want to,anyone who doesn't think that is their right can fuck off
As well as those who died almost as many committed suicide because of it
Have some respect for those who are scarred by it and find the continued rable rousing by the argies offensive

karen7 said:
Anyone who has personal experience with the war is entitled to feel how every they want to,anyone who doesn't think that is their right can fuck off
Have some respect for those who are scarred by it and find the continued rable rousing by the argies offensive

Nobody is showing a lack of respect towards Falklands veterans - what the more rational amongst us are refusing to do is get offended by a banner, because once you do that, then you have let them win.
As a result of the conflict, we now have freedom of expression on both sides, and that includes the freedom to hold opinions we may not agree with.
That is the very right that we fight wars to defend.
I have stated until I'm blue in the face that the world cup is no place for such political posturing, but the best way to deal with such protests is to ignore them, because at the end of the day, the Falklands will still be British, and life will carry on as normal.
There are an awful lot of things in the world worth getting upset over, but a bunch of millionaire footballers brandishing a cheap banner really isn't one of them.

karen7 said:

Nobody is showing a lack of respect towards Falklands veterans - what the more rational amongst us are refusing to do is get offended by a banner, because once you do that, then you have let them win.
As a result of the conflict, we now have freedom of expression on both sides, and that includes the freedom to hold opinions we may not agree with.
That is the very right that we fight wars to defend.
I have stated until I'm blue in the face that the world cup is no place for such political posturing, but the best way to deal with such protests is to ignore them, because at the end of the day, the Falklands will still be British, and life will carry on as normal.
There are an awful lot of things in the world worth getting upset over, but a bunch of millionaire footballers brandishing a cheap banner really isn't one of them.

All very rational unless you lived through it and lost someone then emotion trumps that.
It doesn't upset me but it pisses me off today,by thursday it will be forgotten

Agreeing entirely with fetters. It must be the end of the world....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I've always thought banners are a bit small time.......

I was having one made especially for you, but I was unsure which one to go with.

'FTG's fat mate stole my coat'

or

'Repugnant and proud'

'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.