ARIS fans

Re: Message to all Aris Salonika fans

raoul_duke said:
well since he was mentioned, it appears Einstein was quite right with that universe quote..

Probably the most fitting quote for the situation. I've not seen any evidence that this stupidty has a limit.

mancitygaz said:
DD said:
The fact that those around you are doing it is telling you that you must do it NOW. You're not going to do it any other time on your own are you? Therefore it is orchestrated. You are part of a mass of bodies doing what those around them are suggesting you should do.:)
Jesus Christ! We do the 'poznan' as a goal celebration. We don't need some half naked bloke telling us when to do it or to tell us when to bang a drum. Do I need to go further?

You do the poznan because everybody around you does it. Unless you are the person that started every poznan off, including the first one that City did then you are as much a sheep as the Aris fans.

^^hit the nail on the head

even "spontaneous" chants are created by a small pocket of people and then everyone decides to join in...

there is no "true spontaneous chanting" because then it would just be 30,000 people singing a random song of their choice each.

aek004 said:
HAHA you guys will love this!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/33517/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor ... cle/33517/</a>

Haha, that's quality.

You also called Aris fans sheep for singing in tune, which would suggest that you do prefer everyone to sing random songs at random times because it means you get to sing what you want to.

TheBlueNowhere said:
You also called Aris fans sheep for singing in tune, which would suggest that you do prefer everyone to sing random songs at random times because it means you get to sing what you want to.
wrong again

So you've never sang along with anyone else Ciiiiiiiiityyyyyy, yes? No me thinks. You have.
You know someone starts that every single time and the rest follow, yes? just as every other
chant you might hear in a stadium. Unless you believe it's about a universal coincidence of
spontaneously fired up individuals saying the same words at the same time. Woha!

First off, Aris fans were brilliant. Could hear them from outside as we walked up to the stadium, could hear them as we walked away at FT.

The colour they brought was amazing. Best away support I've ever seen in 30 years.

mancitygaz said:
TheBlueNowhere said:
So you didn't call them sheep because they sing in sync to each other?
nope, read back or shall I explain again?

I Read back and you call them sheep because they sing in sync, pretty much what I said.

The Aris fans were brilliant tonight because of being able to sing perfectly in sync. City fans (ane every other club in England) try and sing in sync but without a leader such as the "fat man with pony tails" it won't happen with such an effect.

charliebigspuds said:
it was quality, I'll put my hat on for this but does anyone think that its because the game in England has been diluted somewhat, with too many women (I know I'll get pelted) and lightweight supporters who like a prawn sandwich from time to time. I remember standing in the Kippax with my dad in the late seventies and it swaying whilst in full volume. Its just the crap plastic, no soul atmosphere over here. Also if you go abroad the fans get into the ground hours before KO and drink, sing, smoke basically do what they please and build it to a crescendo for KO, the atmosphere we witnessed tonight doesn't happen by accident, it would be interesting to hear the opinion of a Aris fan to see what they say.

I'm not Aris fan, I'm not even from Greece but I can assure you it's not an accident.

Greek and Turkish fans are probably the biggest fanatics in Europe but the stuff you saw tonight is pretty much the regular thing in most games around the Europe. Not at all of course, specially in smaller leagues as there are matches with extremely poor attendance due to low standard of people living in some countries but on big matches is 10x times better than on any English match you would pick.

These groups are well organized, they have hierarchy like some politic parties. They have their leaders, memberships that hey use for choreography and stuff, presidents, secretaries etc. etc.. they don't buy tickets for away matches online like you do on your official website, they buy their tickets through the representatives of their firms. Everything is connected with firm, in some teams and firms there is biggest feeling of loyalty to the firm than to the club. They love the club, they'll "die" for it and swear the club is on the first place but still I don't believe them, I think that loyalty to their firm mates is on the first place.

And, with such military/politic type of hierarchy, everything is better organized - their personal and collective motives, their loyalty to group and group leaders, their connection with club etc..

And results are what you saw tonight from Aris fans.

I don't see anything from that in England, specially since I came hear as I did not know the English fan scene so good before. You lack the basic forms of organization, you lack the leaders. When or if you make that homework, than you'll have more space to talk with team officials, to look for special area of CoMS where most heavy supporters could stand together and make an atmosphere.

I'm not sure if most of you are ready for that as that would be a revolutionary thing for current English standards, I'm not sure if that's possible with current English fan laws but if you can make that, I'm pretty sure that there are firms who can help you with their experience to make it right. You're good now with Poznan and Aris supporters, there were no any problems between those fans and you, so they would probably be happy to give you some advices how to do it.

I would be very happy if City fans would be the first in England that could change this current theater atmosphere and bring some real football one on English stadiums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.