ARIS fans

chesterguy said:
Of course they were incredibly noisy and colourful and as I say it was great to watch but it did not reflect what was going on the pitch

If I was to sit by an aircraft engine for 90 mins I would be deaf but wouldnt suggest it was much of an atmosphere.

I think the noise surely has to reflect what is going on the pitch. The guy leading the chants had no idea what was happening on the pitch as he had his back turned to it so it is clear he wasnt there to watch the football merely to be a cheerleader.

Surely atmosphere is created on the pitch and reflects what is happening on the pitch as one team defends the other teams fans get excited at the chance of a goal great tackes great shots great defending and all that reflects in how the fans react and get involved.

There fans never got excited when there team were attacking because they were already doing some chant or other

Following that logic...if theres little happening on the pitch and the team are shite then there should be no atmosphere. What a load of bollocks. Stick to ur tartan blanket and flask ;-)

BillyMC said:
chesterguy said:
Of course they were incredibly noisy and colourful and as I say it was great to watch but it did not reflect what was going on the pitch

If I was to sit by an aircraft engine for 90 mins I would be deaf but wouldnt suggest it was much of an atmosphere.

I think the noise surely has to reflect what is going on the pitch. The guy leading the chants had no idea what was happening on the pitch as he had his back turned to it so it is clear he wasnt there to watch the football merely to be a cheerleader.

Surely atmosphere is created on the pitch and reflects what is happening on the pitch as one team defends the other teams fans get excited at the chance of a goal great tackes great shots great defending and all that reflects in how the fans react and get involved.

There fans never got excited when there team were attacking because they were already doing some chant or other

Following that logic...if theres little happening on the pitch and the team are shite then there should be no atmosphere. What a load of bollocks. Stick to ur tartan blanket and flask ;-)

But there is always something happening such as a tacle flying in etc what I am saying is if you want to have orchestrated chants etc which have no relevance to what is happening on the pitch then fine but we in England tend to get louder when are team is either doing well and winning or doing badly and having to defend with their lives

I just think the constant noise not matter what was happenening on the pitch was boring. They didnt get any louder when they had a corner or were attacking or when they were under pressure and defending it was just a constant noise

To create atmosphere there have to be lulls to make the noisy chants more exciting

The Hamburg match had a far better atmosphere because I think we think we genuinely lifted the players we were quiet at times then incredibly noisy and we the fans were involved in what was happening on the pitch I didnt notice any involvement between their fans and their team in what was happening on the pitch

Aris were great.

It looked good with the yellow and black, we do lack colour like that in England. Reminded me of the World Cup when you see all the Dutch fans in orange.

Great noise and support for their team. I wish more away fans were like that in England, makes for a better atmosphere.

The Europa League allows us to meet some fantastic sets of supporters and make friends with other clubs. I'm glad it's like that rather than a confrontational encounter. There were far too many police last night. Waste of money to patrol friendly people.

Best wishes to Aris for the future. Hopefully we'll meet in the Champions League one day!

chesterguy said:
You mean excited like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLnkS_t4M0&feature=related[/youtube]

The Aris supporters created a fantastic atmosphere that only European teams can bring. Compare a dull Europa league game to a dull domestic game and there is no comparison. I think as supporters we have learned from our opposing Europa league fans and the Poznan is evidence of that but we never maintain this throughout the game.

Gray said:
Glad I didn't go, I couldn't have stood that God's awful noise for 90 minutes.

i thought about staying in and washing my hair, but then decided to wash it today instead, which allow me time to go to the game.

i use head and shoulders myself what shampoo do you use.

:)

r.soleofsalford said:
Gray said:
Glad I didn't go, I couldn't have stood that God's awful noise for 90 minutes.

i thought about staying in and washing my hair, but then decided to wash it today instead, which allow me time to go to the game.

i use head and shoulders myself what shampoo do you use.

:)

Amazing post!!!! LOL!!!

I though the Aris fans were brilliant.As were the Poznan fans.

Okay-so maybe it is a little "orchestrated" ....but so what?
To keep that level of noise and support when your team is getting the run around on the pitch is fantatsic imo.Fair play to them.Real support.

The problem is in this country we're so used to being dumbed down,controlled,told to sit down and shut up for so long that people are scared to shout support for the team from their seat in case of "upsetting" someone on a jolly behind you who'd probably be better off watching "Grease" at the theatre.

For the most part,we've been "educated" out of showing real passion at a game by faceless administrators who have no real concept of what football often means to people.
We've "forgotten" about being able to really support our teams in England.

No wonder people moan about the "dead" atmosphere at PL grounds when you see how others still do it in Europe with displays like last night.

And it won't ever return until we re-introduce safe standing at the games imo.

Well done Aris fans for bringing a great atmosphere with you.
And good luck for the future.

Re: Message to all Aris Salonika fans

Corky said:
They were all blokes 16-30.

English footbal is more diverse, and that will not happen here.

A while ago I raised the point for why our atmopshere is shit very often, even away from home sometimes. I said that we have loads of older blokes, women and kids following us; but a very small number of 18-35 year old lads. The 18-35 year old lads are the ones who do create our atmopsheres, but there aren't that many of us. Compared to other top Prem clubs I'd bet we have the fewest number of 18-35 year old lad followers. When United Liverpool Everton Newcastle come to our ground it is noticeable that they have a good number of lads of this age group; I've been to away games and looked around and I'd say we were a minority at City. I actually got slagged off for saying this.

My point isn't to slag off older blokes, women or kids at all - I'm sure many do join in with songs, maybe every single song and they come home with a sore throat, and I'm sure they spend a lot of time and money following City all over the shop, and fair play to these people. But my point is, do you ever see a group of forty 55 year old blokes all stood together at away games starting songs off? do you ever see a group of fifty women at an away game all stood with each other starting off the Poznan? NO! But our songs are started off, carried on, the Poznan done, new songs created and brought to the games by 18-35 year old lads. As I say, we're just in the minority.

I'm not saying the older blokes, women and kids should stop going because that's just stupid. But since United have been dominant over the last 30 years it shows where my generation (I'm 28) have been going to watch their football, and on the whole it's not to City. There are a few of us, some are proper excellent atmopshere creators (Blue Alliance and other groups of lads, some don't give themselves a group name) but in another 20 years when the tide has turned in Manchester hopefully we'll have a healthy number of 18-35 year olds following us and our atmopsheres can be much better.

My point has been cemented this season as I've seen the very best sets of fans that I've ever seen, ever! Poznan (pretty much 95% lads aged 18-35) and Aris (pretty much 95% lads aged 18-35) and the atmopshere they created was truly special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.