ARIS fans

RBmk2 said:
I though the Aris fans were brilliant.As were the Poznan fans.

Okay-so maybe it is a little "orchestrated" ....but so what?
To keep that level of noise and support when your team is getting the run around on the pitch is fantatsic imo.Fair play to them.Real support.

The problem is in this country we're so used to being dumbed down,controlled,told to sit down and shut up for so long that people are scared to shout support for the team from their seat in case of "upsetting" someone on a jolly behind you who'd probably be better off watching "Grease" at the theatre.

For the most part,we've been "educated" out of showing real passion at a game by faceless administrators who have no real concept of what football often means to people.
We've "forgotten" about being able to really support our teams in England.

No wonder people moan about the "dead" atmosphere at PL grounds when you see how others still do it in Europe with displays like last night.

And it won't ever return until we re-introduce safe standing at the games imo.

Well done Aris fans for bringing a great atmosphere with you.
And good luck for the future.

Absolutely spot on Sir.

Successive Governments and the PL have made sure of that. Try and bring the matter up at any level(even MP's) and they're not interested.

As I pointed out last night. Go to any other sporting event and you can still stand, drink(in the stand and on the terraces) and pretty well do what you like.

We as football fans are not even second class citizens anymore. We have become sheep, forced to do what we are told.

Once again I'd like to thank City for letting me in with the megpahone last night. But actually getting in and getting the authorization was like trying to get through...........

CheckPointCharlie.jpg

Re: Message to all Aris Salonika fans

Blue Mist said:
I was talking to 3 Aris fans and mentioned the Poznan. They said Aris had been doing it for 23 years much longer than Poznan so perhaps we should re name it !!!
And like everyone says, they were awesome

Yeah mate its true...since 1988. But dont bother renaming it, not necessary....Poznan never "claimed" it anyway. And it is not necessary; Aris do not need "credit" for anything.

When Aris came to Bolton in 2007, they did the bouncing thing there too.

None of this annoys me. But what did annoy me was duting the game yesterday, when the commentator said:

"Hold on a minute......The Aris fans.....are doing the Poznan!!!!!!! Can you believe it??"
"Better than playing than in front of 3000 fans week in week out in the greek league"

Both of those comments were just so stupid.

aek004 said:
Blue Mist said:
I was talking to 3 Aris fans and mentioned the Poznan. They said Aris had been doing it for 23 years much longer than Poznan so perhaps we should re name it !!!
And like everyone says, they were awesome

Yeah mate its true...since 1988. But dont bother renaming it, not necessary....Poznan never "claimed" it anyway. And it is not necessary; Aris do not need "credit" for anything.

None of this annoys me. But what did annoy me was duting the game yesterday, when the commentator said:

"Hold on a minute......The Aris fans.....are doing the Poznan!!!!!!! Can you believe it??"
"Better than playing than in front of 3000 fans week in week out in the greek league"

Apart from that City showed footage of your fans and your stadium on the big screen, played Greek music, and played your club song that you all sang along with. All in all I think Manchester City Football Club showed your club and fans alot of respect. Please don't just pick on one little point.

wozzablue said:
Class support.....

Oooooooooooh edin dzekooooooooooooo
Ooooooooooooh edin dzekoooooooooooo

I hope that sticks!!!

They were fantastic. Shame about some of 'our' tits in 117 ' with their well thought out 'Fcuk off you foreign bastards' shout etc.

Oooooooooooo Edin Dzekooooooooooooo is a winner. The hands in the air Dezko song just doesn't quite cut it.

jrb said:
aek004 said:

Apart from that City showed footage of your fans and your stadium on the big screen, played Greek music, and played your club song that you all sang along with. All in all I think Manchester City Football Club showed your club and fans alot of respect. Please don't just pick on one little point.

no, no, I think you have misunderstood! I am referring to Jon Champion the ESPN commentator, not to MCFC.....As I said MCFC showed tons of respect, I was picking a bone with the commentator on TV :)

But yeah, you played the Aris team anthem which was nice, and the fans sang along...and also gave the fans great seats, and accomodated them perfectly.....i dont think we could see any of this elsewhere in europe, the MCFC hospitality was amazing...like prioritising the Aris fans over their own.

jrb said:

You are absolutely right. And we are very thankful for that.

I dont really think anyone is daft enough to crticise the Aris fans. Its just that they, and Lech Poznan's fans, have demonstrated a different type of support that we're not used to. This is just a debate about what we think about that style of support. Isnt that a reasonable subject to debate?

My personal view is that I found it great for an hour then it just became back ground noise. It didnt seem to relate to the game. And as I've said before that might just be because they were 2-0 down early on.

It always seems to me that the best atmospheres arent just created by chanting. The electric atmosphere generated on derby day isnt just a result of more people chanting. Its because everyone in the ground makes more noise. Shouting, jeering, clapping and chanting. Fans are more engaged in the game. Every kick and tackle generates a vocal response, but with much increased decibels when goals are threatened. And its primarily a noise of encouragement, which I thought is lacking from the Aris/Poznan approach. I imagine that their players just become used to that noise.

But thats just my preference and in no way denigrates their style of support.

aek004 said:
Manchester la la la la said:
why cant we get organised like that?

that tune they were bouncing to for most of the game was catchy as fook lol

mate, you must mean this!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PxfPpFjsvE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Someone please tell me!!! what is the new dzeko song???? is it inspired by aris!!??

It was mate :)

cibaman said:
My personal view is that I found it great for an hour then it just became back ground noise. It didnt seem to relate to the game. And as I've said before that might just be because they were 2-0 down early on.

but that's the point, it doesn't have to relate to the game.
had we followed the team's performance we'd be silent all the way.
we're supposed to lift our boys up with our chants, not expect it
the other way round. That's the spirit for this kind of support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.