Aris v Man City flight & hotel details - UPDATE

interpaul said:
may2011 said:
Im landing at athens on mon around 1pm,does anyone know how long and how often the trains are to thessolonka and my flight is back at 1pm would i be able to make it

Hello guys,
I' m a Greek City fan. I live near Salonika and if there is anyone who needs any information about the city or transportation can contact me. i would be glad to help.
I will of course be for the first time in a City match and i will definitely catch up with some of you for a beer in Salonika center before the match.
As for the transportation, the cheapest way to go from Athens to Salonika is by taking the "slow" train. It will take you about six hours and departs on 09.21, 14.52 and 22.55. It costs 28 euros. An other cheap way is taking a bus and the departs are more frequent.

thanks again interpaul - 2of us travelling up from athens on monday

Re: Aris v Man City Tue 15th Feb UP DATE

Blue Mist said:
Oh, I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons but I just don't wanna know
'Cos for 24 years I've been living next door to Aris.............
Aris who the f*ck are Aris

sorry I'll get my coat.
I'll eat me hat!!!!

comeonfeedthegoat said:
interpaul said:
Hello guys,
I' m a Greek City fan. I live near Salonika and if there is anyone who needs any information about the city or transportation can contact me. i would be glad to help.
I will of course be for the first time in a City match and i will definitely catch up with some of you for a beer in Salonika center before the match.
As for the transportation, the cheapest way to go from Athens to Salonika is by taking the "slow" train. It will take you about six hours and departs on 09.21, 14.52 and 22.55. It costs 28 euros. An other cheap way is taking a bus and the departs are more frequent.

Hi interpaul.

We're arriving into salonika around 3am local time on the Tuesday morning. We have a hotel booked but will there be anywhere to go for a few drinks at that time?

Also where would you recommend we go in the build up to the game Tuesday afternoon?

Cheers for your help mate

Tuesday is a working day, so the bars close at about 3am by law. If it was Friday or Saturday you would easily find one .
As for the build up, most of you as I see, will be staying at hotels to the city center. I suggest that you grab your beers and go to the park which is by the "White Tower", the trademark of the city, by the sea. I also recommend retsina which is a greek white wine which you can mix with cola and get the best football drink in Greece

mcfcmatt said:
swp80 said:
So you're telling me there are no boozers open on a tuesday?! just our fucking luck!

Lol no mate he is saying they shut at 3am in the night.

That's right! Open until 3am. And that's not very strict .If you search you will still find something! Don't worry!!!

Is there anyone on the air olympus flight from gatwick on mon am to thess returning wed early am as im looking for a lift if anyone can help cheers

mcfcmatt said:
swp80 said:
So you're telling me there are no boozers open on a tuesday?! just our fucking luck!

Lol no mate he is saying they shut at 3am in the night.

In thessaloniki you can find everyday to drink till 7am in the morning...

you just need to know where!

Try the region of Valaoritou-Siggroy till 3-4 am later you can look for bars somewhere between streets proksenou koromila and Tsimiski (names of bars:Berlin, Taxidi, Lucky Looke, lucky luke, residents...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.