Aris v Man City flight & hotel details - UPDATE

may2011 said:
Im landing at athens on mon around 1pm,does anyone know how long and how often the trains are to thessolonka and my flight is back at 1pm would i be able to make it

Nothing like planning ahead!

German Railways website usually gives most European services but they seem to be hiding Athens.

<a class="postlink" href="http://athensguide.com/practicalinfo/railwaylarissa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://athensguide.com/practicalinfo/railwaylarissa.htm</a> has an up to date timetable. Looks like 14 53 (slow, €28.10, 6 hours), or 19 28 (Inter city express, €48.40, 4 hrs 20), or 20 39 inter-city, €36.30, 5 hours).

You're stuffed getting back.

07 24 ICE from Thessaloniki gets to Athens at 11 40... taxi from station to airport might do it. But that train may be full.

Take the overnight slow train (save hotel bill, cheaper fare). That site says trains at 22 59 and 23 33 (whatever "CC" means) or an intercity at 01 51.

Vic said:
may2011 said:
Im landing at athens on mon around 1pm,does anyone know how long and how often the trains are to thessolonka and my flight is back at 1pm would i be able to make it

German Railways website usually gives most European services but they seem to be hiding Athens.

<a class="postlink" href="http://athensguide.com/practicalinfo/railwaylarissa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://athensguide.com/practicalinfo/railwaylarissa.htm</a> has an up to date timetable. Looks like 14 53 (slow, €28.10, 6 hours), or 19 28 (Inter city express, €48.40, 4 hrs 20), or 20 39 inter-city, €36.30, 5 hours).

07 24 ICE from Thessaloniki gets to Athens at 11 40... taxi from station to airport might do it. But that train may be full.

Take the overnight slow train (save hotel bill, cheaper fare). That site says trains at 22 59 and 23 33 (whatever "CC" means) or an intercity at 01 51.
Look into flying from Athens to Thessaloniki. Theres loads of flights, daily, and you'll probably pay £60 return. Maybe more expensive, but only takes 50 minutes and you haven't got the hassle of getting to stations and finding platforms and times etc. Try Olympus air or any of the flight search sites

To All Passengers on the Aris Trip.

You should have all received your eticket and hotel voucher by now.

If not, please contact me in the office - and I will resend or get duplicates.

Depart Manchester 14th February 2011 at 06:30hrs – Flight No. LS6145
Check in opens at 04:30 hours and closes at 05:30 hours
Check in will be at Manchester Airport Terminal 1 – Lower Level

Don't be late!

Also, if anyone needs a match ticket, give me a ring.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Trip

Brian
0161 775 7500

bainy said:
alex_d1972 said:
If we believe the forecasts, it is going to be sunny with temperatures around 5c = 40 f?....
Unfortunately drinks are quite expencive BUT you can buy beers etc from kiosks or little super markets that can be found everywhere in the city even outside the ground...Nobody will bother you if you are drinking on the street before the game.This is what we do most of the time.Try the local white wine that is sold everywhere and it is called retsina,you can mix it with cola and it is the fans favorite after beer.
Good luck with united next week..
Cheers Alex. Will defo hit the supermarkets, however your favourite drink doesnt sound that appealing!!!
I used to drink Retsina neat .no wonder i was always ill

Hi lads anyone having second thought's of going on Spike's trip or Thomas Cook's please PM me as i'm mad for going cheers

LittleJoeMac82 said:
Vic said:

Look into flying from Athens to Thessaloniki. Theres loads of flights, daily, and you'll probably pay £60 return. Maybe more expensive, but only takes 50 minutes and you haven't got the hassle of getting to stations and finding platforms and times etc. Try Olympus air or any of the flight search sites

Where flying fom Athens to Aris cost us £100 each.

may2011 said:

Hello guys,
I' m a Greek City fan. I live near Salonika and if there is anyone who needs any information about the city or transportation can contact me. i would be glad to help.
I will of course be for the first time in a City match and i will definitely catch up with some of you for a beer in Salonika center before the match.
As for the transportation, the cheapest way to go from Athens to Salonika is by taking the "slow" train. It will take you about six hours and departs on 09.21, 14.52 and 22.55. It costs 28 euros. An other cheap way is taking a bus and the departs are more frequent.

interpaul said:
may2011 said:

Hello guys,
I' m a Greek City fan. I live near Salonika and if there is anyone who needs any information about the city or transportation can contact me. i would be glad to help.
I will of course be for the first time in a City match and i will definitely catch up with some of you for a beer in Salonika center before the match.
As for the transportation, the cheapest way to go from Athens to Salonika is by taking the "slow" train. It will take you about six hours and departs on 09.21, 14.52 and 22.55. It costs 28 euros. An other cheap way is taking a bus and the departs are more frequent.

Hi interpaul.

We're arriving into salonika around 3am local time on the Tuesday morning. We have a hotel booked but will there be anywhere to go for a few drinks at that time?

Also where would you recommend we go in the build up to the game Tuesday afternoon?

Cheers for your help mate

allan harper said:
LittleJoeMac82 said:

Where flying fom Athens to Aris cost us £100 each.

Now looks like €188 or €202 with Olympic or Aegean depending on times of flight, but £119 on Expedia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.