Arsenal(A) - Post Match Thread

Mendy at times reminded me of Richards using his athleticism to bail him out of some bad decisions.
Good analogy that, I didn't think he had great game overall, and the Richards comparison is good, he looked great going forward, but his defending left a lot to be desired.

Its only one game so he shouldn't be judged on it.

Thought we was sloppy too many of the players picking the wrong passes in the final third. Mendy at times reminded me of Richards using his athleticism to bail him out of some bad decisions. Walker letting balls bounce which is just fucking stupid it put them in, Ederson putting in some dodgy positions as well. I put it down to us being a bit rusty from a short pre season. I just hope and pray we aren't complacent and start giving it the billy big bollocks thinking we are to good to lose to the majority of the league.

Mahrez slowed down the attack, hope pep tells him to charge their full back abit more.

On a positive note Arsenal way 3 points first game of the season if brilliant, once Emery gets to grips with his team not many of the other top 5 teams will win there.
Maybe only one other team capable of schooling Arsenal like we did - and I don’t mean Manure. Absolutely colossal result.

Well that was pretty comfortable, until Ederson fell asleep and scared us all to death!

Nowhere near our best, but we bossed the game. It could easily have been 4 or 5.

Walker was excellent as were Stones and Laporte. Mendy's great going forward but a bit of a liability at times when deeper. But he's still bedding in really, so a lot more positives than negatives. Love his reply to Pep btw. He's hard to dislike.

Midfield were a bit all over the place one minute, but sublime the next... BREAKING NEWS: Gundo and Bernie aren't as good as Dave and Kev. Who knew?

Bernie was better once he went to the right. Pep's hug of Arteta made me think it was his idea...?

Raheem did well and took his chance brilliantly. Drives me mad at times, but he never stops.

Mahrez was a little disappointing tbh but that's probably because I have very high expectations of him, in this team.

Arsenal looked very poor. Very little evidence of a coherent plan and frankly the squad isn't good enough. I reckon they'll struggle to improve on last season and look more likely to drop further down. Which would be awful...

I think this might be the most relaxed and confident that I've ever felt at the start of a season. I'm not saying we're definitely going to win everything. That's to be seen, and it'd be a bit raggy/dipperish. But it's fairly obvious, even to them, that we're gonna have a fucking good go. Again.

One down. Roll on next week.

Back from the match and disappointed to see we are no better than last year though I suppose you could excuse that given it takes time for a new manager to get things right and also with new players to blend in.

I was really impressed with Guendouzi, he was so good and he's only 19, so one for the future.

Sokratis moves slower than a London bus in rush hour traffic, so not impressed and having bought Leno and Torreira surely they might have started?

As for Xhaka, please God never let him wear an Arsenal shirt again.

Sad for Maitland Niles, he came off second best against Walker and as I was close to the action, I felt Walker having been out paced by MN,

It was all going so well...

One thing is apparent, we are still short in defensive midfield.

Gundogan just isn't the answer and Fern is a one-man team.

+1

Been saying it all summer mate but we only going to get better when Kev and David Silva back to full strength. I like the fact we played below our normal standard but still came away with the win...mark of a great team!

+1

Been saying it all summer mate but we only going to get better when Kev and David Silva back to full strength. I like the fact we played below our normal standard but still came away with the win...mark of a great team!
I hope that one of Stones, Gomes, or Garcia (in order of probability) can rise to the occasion, if needed.

Gundo’s copping a lot of flack and although he’s one of my least favourite players and he didn’t have a great game today I think we should give credit where it’s due

He’s a very brave player in the sense that he always makes himself available for a pass even in tight situations and he’s mature enough to keep doing so even if he’s lost possession a couple of times. He’s certainly no defensive midfielder but he does the job he’s asked to do and largely does it well. His little run to set Mendy away in the build up to the 2nd was top class.

It shows just how lucky we are now that a guy who would walk into most other teams starting line up is a squad member ready to come in when our first choice midfielders are missing.

Good analogy that, I didn't think he had great game overall, and the Richards comparison is good, he looked great going forward, but his defending left a lot to be desired.

Its only one game so he shouldn't be judged on it.
Something to keep an eye on tho..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.