Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

Oh we have boiled a lot of piss today. If we win with total football the other teams are accused of not trying against us, if we win by a correct VAR call, then VAR is accused of being used incorrectly, what a victory that was today all things considered, Arsenal free week, us 2 trips to London, the early KO, foden stones zinchenko covid, Rodri & Walker just back available & with what happened to Cancelo midweek. The lads have earned this rest now, feet up & Happy New Year.

"all that money and they have to cheat to win :( and who does Ederson think he is"

He admitted it was a penalty for the shirt pull alone, then their player tries to cheat by scuffing the penalty spot up. Bernardo didn't dive either. How cant they not see the leg go across him before he starts to go down? Theirs should have been looked at too, not going to defend that but really one decision is what this massive fuss is about. Imagine if they'd have had some of the refs we've had to put up with in recent years, their heads would explode.

We were lucky to come away with 3 points, Arsenal fans think they deserve a trophy for playing well against City. My how times have changed. The entitlement of the corrupt old big sly 3 is still alive and still as annoying as ever. I will be routing for West Ham to get top 4 over Arsenal just to spite that bald idiot on AFTV.

Meanwhile at Arteta's house....

D2fHdFMWkAASohw

Tbh, I can totally see why Arsenal fans are livid and I think every set of fans would react the exact same way in that situation, including ours. Regardless of whether the calls were right or not.

However, this is a club that have tried non-stop for the past 10 years to take down City via off the pitch means (United and Liverpool too, but at least they've tried on the pitch in that time occasionally on top of that).

So I'm not upset, as callous as that is of me.
I said to my friend when it was 1-1 that there's no group of fans in the world that I'd rather win a game against with a few dodgy decisions. Their reaction is always priceless. Rodri's celebration was just the icing on the cake.

tbf we havent been at our best for the last three games , we concede three quick goals against leicester , we were methodical and efficient against Brentford and looked jaded against the Goons , but we won all three games.
That says more about our squad and manager than any 7-0 win.
Just had a rare visit to RAWK , its not often i partake but please have ten minutes on there , its delightful. For a club they do not care about we certainly are getting a lot of attention , the Dippers have assembled their best football team for thirty years and they are winning next to f*ck all because we are better, loving their pain.

Of course, the other thing is the fact we were made to feel like Arsenal outplayed us and I wouldn't have argued tbh but you look at the stats and they didn't create much.

Possession Home 29% Away 71%
Shots Home 7 Away 15
Shots on Target Home 2 Away 2
Corners Home 5 Away 5
Fouls Home 13 Away 5

Also the first game I think we got out fouled in lol

I've already posted on this thread that we have supporters claiming we were shit or awful when it simply is not true; it's certainly not backed up by stats - and I don't want to read bollocks about not needing stats when lots of folk need Specsavers.

Our level is so high that our below par is a long way from shit and usually still higher than our opponents. This was a fairly even game until the sending off, we were fortunate with that but Arsenal were fortunate to have the week off.

They did and I think its fair enough - if someone else was 8 points clear I would want them to lose just to make the League more interesting, wouldn't matter whether it benefitted my team or not. I guess the exception are the other teams wanting to finish 4th - so West Ham, United and Tottenham should be pleased with the result.
Fair enough? Really? When the tramps romped it that year the press had a season long wankathon about it.
We do it and we are making it boring. We shouldn't be shocked anymore but it still fucks me off.
We could be on the verge of doing back to back title twice in 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.