Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are pretty good about not bringing players back from injury too soon, so if they’re in the squad tomorrow, I’d expect Bernardo & Stones to both get minutes against RBL, otherwise not worth them going. Therefore, I’d expect them to both start against Arsenal. Where? Not sure!!!

Anything other than a loss is a result for us at the moment, but I think we have the team to win. Arsenal are not a 5-4-1 team, so that will help us play as much as us not being one will help them.

We are currently (pre-RBL) not in a great moment, so I feel like Arsenal & Arteta are the ones shouldering the bulk of the pressure in this one.

Onwards and upwards

We play a bit 'meh' in clutches it seems. Hopefully by Sunday we've got some rhythm and tempo back to our game. Bernardo fit will be a huge boost

City are pretty good about not bringing players back from injury too soon, so if they’re in the squad tomorrow, I’d expect Bernardo & Stones to both get minutes against RBL, otherwise not worth them going. Therefore, I’d expect them to both start against Arsenal. Where? Not sure!!!

Anything other than a loss is a result for us at the moment, but I think we have the team to win. Arsenal are not a 5-4-1 team, so that will help us play as much as us not being one will help them.

We are currently (pre-RBL) not in a great moment, so I feel like Arsenal & Arteta are the ones shouldering the bulk of the pressure in this one.

Onwards and upwards
Pressure just got worse for Arsenal with Saka injured apparently. Bring it on!

So many injuries across the prem that come the return fixture at City , Phillips and Ramsdale will be respective Captains whilst Rags announce the return of the toe sucker ( Scholes )!

Saka being out is a big plus. If he plays then he won’t be 100% either - win-win.

And a nice early kick to the ankle should put an end to his time on the pitch! It's a huge plus for us. Based on how we've defended recently against direct running, Saka was a major worry.

Arsenal fans now totally convinced it ends with a City win after the injuries to Martinelli.

Still think,

Raya
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko
Rice, Jorginho
Trossard, Odegaard, Jesus
Nketiah

is strong enough to cause us real problems, though. Get the feeling they'll leave Vieira and Havertz out of this to try and impose themselves physically on our Rodri-less midfield. They'll have Rice and another deep-lying ball player next to him. Although if Stones is fit I imagine we'll have him and Kovacic behind Bernardo and Foden, so it'll basically be like for like on both sides.

For us, Grealish has to start. He's dynamite in these big games.

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Akanji
Stones, Kovacic
Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish
Haaland

Wasn’t Oliver one of the officials at this controversial match on Saturday? How come some of the other officials don’t get picked for any game this weekend and he gets picked for arguably the most important game of the weekend? Am I being cynical in my old age with the thoughts in my little brain? ;-) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.