Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a nice early kick to the ankle should put an end to his time on the pitch! It's a huge plus for us. Based on how we've defended recently against direct running, Saka was a major worry.
Not sure about that, Ake had Saka on toast last season. Martinelli also can be negated by Kyle Walker's pace but an early yellow and the pressure is on.

Arsenal fans now totally convinced it ends with a City win after the injuries to Martinelli.

Still think,

Raya
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko
Rice, Jorginho
Trossard, Odegaard, Jesus
Nketiah

is strong enough to cause us real problems, though. Get the feeling they'll leave Vieira and Havertz out of this to try and impose themselves physically on our Rodri-less midfield. They'll have Rice and another deep-lying ball player next to him. Although if Stones is fit I imagine we'll have him and Kovacic behind Bernardo and Foden, so it'll basically be like for like on both sides.

For us, Grealish has to start. He's dynamite in these big games.

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Akanji
Stones, Kovacic
Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish
Haaland

If they play that team we'll beat them.

Is Martinelli definitely out?

Their reliance on Saka is crazy, for a team allegedly challenging on four fronts this season.

Not much different to when we had Kinky.

If they play that team we'll beat them.

Is Martinelli definitely out?
We'll play Partey next to Rice and Odegaard, Partey is back now and was on the bench vs Lens. Martinelli may also play. You never know with Saka, he's 'injured' every game and yet seems to make a Lazarus-like recovery each time.

I think the plan should be play Saka and Martinelli vs City, get 3-0 up by halftime and then take them off.

And then wake up......

I think it’s fairly obvious we look much better with Bernardo and Gvardiol back in the side. I’d be awfully tempted to go with the below against le arse;

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Akanji
Gvardiol
lewis
kova
Foden
Bernardo
Alvarez
Haaland.

4-1 city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.