Arsenal Away (Carling Cup)

deynaskaz said:
Just got tickets for this ,taking my two lads think im going to stay over,has anyone been before what tube station is it and any tips on Hotels would be much appreciated . cant wait
Few tube stations in the vicinity, Arsenal is the closest (Piccadilly Line) but you can go to Finsbury Park, Highbury and Islington (both Victoria line) and Holloway Road (also Piccadilly Line) afterwards for shorter queues.

The two closest stations are Arsenal and Holloway road, both probably the same distance, but holloway road station closes an hour before the game. Finsbury park is a 15/20 minute walk to the ground too, it's where most of the pubs are too if your wanting a drink. Getting out after the game is horrible though, will take you about 30 minutes just to get onto the arsenal tube, so you might be best off walking to finsbury park. Holloway road station is closed after the game. Drayton Arms is the traditional away pub, right near the arsenal station, there are many which is a mix of both sets of fans though.

Halfpenny said:
deynaskaz said:
Just got tickets for this ,taking my two lads think im going to stay over,has anyone been before what tube station is it and any tips on Hotels would be much appreciated . cant wait

Few tube stations in the vicinity, Arsenal is the closest (Piccadilly Line) but you can go to Finsbury Park, Highbury and Islington (both Victoria line) and Holloway Road (also Piccadilly Line) afterwards for shorter queues.

I've never had much of a queue at Arsenal Tube, tbh. It's all security fenced and Policed with people moving through quite quickly. That's quite good for 60,000 people.

chedinho said:
AustinBlue said:
kenzie115 said:
Austin, Texas! And some people are whinging about having to get back to Manchester. Pfft.

I think it's easier to get back to Austin.

Did have fun in the pub with a bunch of United fans here in Austin the other day.... Sang them back their paddy whack song....

123, 456... can you count that high you pricks, with a knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone, City ****ed you up at home.
haha brilliant!

Just about got me beat up that song.... but enough of the United "fans" (they never miss an important game on the television) thought it was funny that they pulled back the wanna be hooligans from pulling the hard act.

EnfieldGooner said:
The two closest stations are Arsenal and Holloway road, both probably the same distance, but holloway road station closes an hour before the game. Finsbury park is a 15/20 minute walk to the ground too, it's where most of the pubs are too if your wanting a drink. Getting out after the game is horrible though, will take you about 30 minutes just to get onto the arsenal tube, so you might be best off walking to finsbury park. Holloway road station is closed after the game. Drayton Arms is the traditional away pub, right near the arsenal station, there are many which is a mix of both sets of fans though.

cheers fella and thanks for the info

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.