Arsenal away tickets

Touts

Tickets yesterday were changing hands at silly prices
I was a bit surprised that the Arsenal tickets were not digital given I thought their home season tickets are. A simple starting point is to make all away tickets digital and then force identification at the gates via a separate queue for anyone with a paper ticket. Need to think what to do for those that can't make it since we do want to allow those tickets to be passed onto a supporter that can but that's not in the same class as touts or these ridiculous resale sites.

We've all said it already but 60% to 65% of tickets for big away matches are not being allocated to points holders. That's nearly 2000 seats for Arsenal away.

Club needs to be transparent, to be honest as part of this new government initiative, clubs should be forced to be transparent.

I was a bit surprised that the Arsenal tickets were not digital given I thought their home season tickets are. A simple starting point is to make all away tickets digital and then force identification at the gates via a separate queue for anyone with a paper ticket. Need to think what to do for those that can't make it since we do want to allow those tickets to be passed onto a supporter that can but that's not in the same class as touts or these ridiculous resale sites.

We've all said it already but 60% to 65% of tickets for big away matches are not being allocated to points holders. That's nearly 2000 seats for Arsenal away.

Club needs to be transparent, to be honest as part of this new government initiative, clubs should be forced to be transparent.
Spot on calling @Alex - City Matters to the thread as I believe he is the only rep that posts on here

The club want to make money on away tickets, hence superbia and platinum in 2011, and god knows how the away tickets are being packaged and sold. When they introduced City in the City for Chelsea in 2015 the away allocation was slashed for points, and it never came back.
Packages yesterday were eye watering ! The club is very involved in this process.

Yes and still sold out. Had the same problem for Utd tickets this morning. Couldn't have been any quicker refreshing the page and logging on, only to get a message all tickets sold. Kept refreshing the page,to then get a message saying this event has sold out.
Wanted to get a ticket for my son, who's just started life at Uni in Manchester primarily so he can get to most City matches. With just under 18K points he's never gonna get the necessary points for most away games under the usual sales criteria, yet he's had a season ticket since birth.
As an aside, it's also frustrating to see so many young City fans at matches not there for the football. At Sheffield Utd, two fans next to me disappeared for drinks twenty minutes before half-time and re-emerged 15 minutes into the second half. Last week at Wolves, the young City fan next to me spent 10 minutes on his phone browsing the Next catalogue and of course also missed most of the match for an extended half-time.. Yesterday at Arsenal, the two next to me turned up towards the end of the first half, while the young family of three behind me could be heard willing Arsenal players to shoot.
How do these 'fans' get their tickets?
The derby's sold out? Or are you referring to the kid allocation?

Main definitely not sold out, only just gone on sale

Couldn't get a ticket last weekend at Arsenal, though when I went there for the FA Youth Cup semi-final last year, they were digital tickets for the away end that night. It was a fiasco as it was either the first time they tried them for away fans, or one of the first times and quite a few had to go to the ticket office and convert them to printed paper tickets to get in. Their home tickets are digital, or email printed, and red rather than yellow for away.

IMG_2935.jpg

Whatever the rags did they got it right regarding away fans, very noisy lot.

Digital easier than paper to pass-on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.