Arsenal away tickets

Away end absolutely full of tourists yesterday, group of 20 Chinese tourists had 20 seats in a block together. When I spoke to them they told me the tickets came as part of a holiday package which they were sold by some Chinese company. How is this happening.

Question to city, you already make millions from Hospitality, Sponsors, TV revenue and home tickets. Why is it necessary to stab your core fans in the back just to make an extra few thousand from away tickets?

Arsenal away always one of the highest demand games, biggest game of the season to date. 3k tickets full allocation, away end full of tourists, game sells out at around 19k.

Skip to united. Similar game in stature in terms of regulars wanting to go to both games, similar tickets, 3k yet they're expecting to sell out around or even before 23k. That's a monumental difference, with no viable explanation as to why theres such a difference.

both those games should be selling out on a relatively similar number, if arsenal is full of tourists after selling put at 19k
can you imagine how many will make up the united away end when they've clearly siphoned off a substantial amount more than other big games where they take more than usual anyway.

Digital easier than paper to pass-on.
I think you are right with the current versions of tickets we are using because they are designed to minimize original fakes but not designed to prevent people passing on. But I'd expect the technology is there to prevent or at least make it harder to pass on without prior approval.

But giving it more thought and reading other comments, it makes me wonder if this is really the issue. Again it comes down to transparency, we all speculate: supporter clubs are told they are the problem, corporate are told they are the problem, individuals are told they are the problem, old folks are told they are the problem, 18-21 are told they are the problem, only the club know what the original distribution of tickets were.

What we do know with some certainty is that those on ticket/loyalty points have been 'missold' because the value of their points are degrading over the years. We all know we are getting less than the 'agreed' allocation.

maybe wrong thread , but I was very surprised to be able to buy my coldtrafford ticket this morning at 9.12 when my allocation 25000+ was meant to open at 10am according to city site

Arsenal away always one of the highest demand games, biggest game of the season to date. 3k tickets full allocation, away end full of tourists, game sells out at around 19k.

Skip to united. Similar game in stature in terms of regulars wanting to go to both games, similar tickets, 3k yet they're expecting to sell out around or even before 23k. That's a monumental difference, with no viable explanation as to why theres such a difference.

both those games should be selling out on a relatively similar number, if arsenal is full of tourists after selling put at 19k
can you imagine how many will make up the united away end when they've clearly siphoned off a substantial amount more than other big games where they take more than usual anyway.

Nothing like being at Utd away and watching tourists infiltrating the away end with Utd mega store bags, the charging of 50 quid for platinum is a disgrace, the club should be ashamed. I was amongst the sea of tourists at Arsenal, I stood there thinking, what am I doing here, this is fucking shite

Makes sense now why I thought the City fans were quiet watching the game on tv.

Piss poor from the club

United will be worse ,less than 45% went onsale to loyalty points.
At this moment in time, their are 242 tickets left for supporters in the loyalty scheme, the next window is 24000 points.
Arsenal sold out at 19500 points ,the initial allocation for both matches was 3000 tickets.
The full allocation allotted to loyalty point holders of 60%,approx 1800 tickets for Arsenal went onsale.
The junior allocation (under 17) was pulled after 5 sales windows for the Arsenal match.
For the United match approx 1300 tickets went onsale to loyalty point holders.
The juniors (under 17) were pulled after 2 sales window's.
We are being taken for a ride and unfortunately it is the club who are the drivers.
And it will only get worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.