Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Most of the defeats this season have been very similar and yeah some responsibility lies with the players but does anyone else think Peps entire game plan revolves around the assumption that the opposition is just going to sit back and admire how good City are ? Because it seems to me that when they decide to try and put up a fight we don’t have an alternative plan.

The thought of playing Madrid gives the fucking shivers. We've just been done by a team that has Xhaka, Luiz, Mustafi and Maitland fucking Niles.

To be honest mate, any manager who cannot see how to set up a team to beat us, shouldn't be a manager

To get beat 2-0 by that shower of shit is a fucking embarrassment.
Just saw between our game and Liverpool game they had 6 shots, all on target and scored 4 goals.
They conceded 49 shots and no goals. Only shot on target today was when the ball slapped off Sterling's face.

It’s not as simple a fix as throwing money at it, we risk getting more of the same, though there are key positions to refresh eg CB.

Is Pep willing to adapt for teams that have worked us out. If yes, that might require a different type of player.

The players are good enough. The tactics are the problem

Pep Guardiola: "I don't have to tell them. They feel it, I think. We know the standards we need at this stage of competitions. Maybe we are learning, maybe now, we will see..." [via
@ManCity

Did you think the 16/17 team would get 100 points the year after?

We’re a very good team with 2-3 holes in the bucket just as we did then. Plug those holes and we’ll be flying again.

The recruitment has to be right though.

Feels different TBH, that was Pep's bedding in season.
Maybe that's why he only stays at clubs 3-4 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.