Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Does anyone realistically think that squad can reach the 90-95 points that will be needed to win the PL next season?
The drop off this year has been huge.

The injury excuse can't be used since the restart.
I think realistically we need a huge clearout (Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, Gundogan, Zinchenko) are all not good enough, Silva and Bravo are going so that is 6/7 players that need replacing. Not to mention our need for a winger.

We are in desperate need of leadership. For as great a player Kev is he isn't a leader like Kompany was. Our squad reminds me of Zlatans comments about Barca under Pep saying everyone sat around like boys waiting for Pep to say something.

You never see anyone organising others or trying to rally them. Losing the last 6 times we conceded first highlights this.

Winning at CAS was supposed to be the shot in the arm that would push the club on to greater things

Instead since Monday we've had two of our worst performances of the season

Champions league was the priority before today for the club / owners and post CAS likewise. The panic here is understandable given KDB and Laporte have never had a joint off day before and hopefully never will again . I don't know if it's my age or this Covid business etc but this game and the cup with no crowd are deleted and we move on to bigger things then some decent transfer business.

Pep Guardiola: "I don't have to tell them. They feel it, I think. We know the standards we need at this stage of competitions. Maybe we are learning, maybe now, we will see..." [via
@ManCity
Learning what? How many years do they need to learn the "standards"?

Pep, maybe some your players are not good enough for this "standards".

Unbelievable postings.com

After watching that tonight, and many other similar games this season, I don't think it's unbelievable to question the manager at all. Basically, about 25% of our games this season have been really poor and we're seeing a clear downward trend which is being disguised by individual errors on the pitch.

The team needs a major overhaul and the tactics need to change as well. The intensity of the players has dropped alarmingly - perhaps inevitably after such a successful two seasons, but the trend is continuing to my eyes - and Pep seems less able to draw big performances when we need them. If plan A doesn't work in the first half hour of games, the players seem to lose faith.

It's not far-fetched or hysterical to question whether the reluctance of the manager to commit beyond the next year is contributing to the decline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.