Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Regardless of if we did or didn’t we didn’t do anything to counter their tactics did we?

Piss poor from Pep, team selection was utter wank.
I thought he got the team selection right, The centre back position is up for debate alongside Laporte.

Agree with not stopping the counter attacks though something which we have really struggled with this season. The pressing tonight was utter wank.

Aubamyang proved what a striker is all about, go put a none refusal bid on the table he is top draw,

Mendy & Jesus are fooking shit

Champions league was the priority before today for the club / owners and post CAS likewise. The panic here is understandable given KDB and Laporte have never had a joint off day before and hopefully never will again . I don't know if it's my age or this Covid business etc but this game and the cup with no crowd are deleted and we move on to bigger things then some decent transfer business.
I can take a one-off no show in the FA Cup semi-final but it puts the pressure on the Champions League. No sentimental picks in that game Pep.

You go a goal down in a game it puts tremendous pressure on you in a semi-final and lets face it David Silva and Gundog are very poor when the opponent has the ball and are on the counter-attack. That is a weakness in that City line-up and it's not the first time this season that city have been exposed on the counter-attack. Fernandinho was brilliant off the ball. He'd stop everyone. Rodri was signed to replace him but he's a little static for my liking and this is a weakness in the city side. Foden may help. I like Bernardo too but this season he's been way off form

Arsenal were tactically better and put in ten times more effort, mikel did a number on Pep.

I thought everyone was bang average and thought we'd won before we even kicked off, I don't think Ederson did an awful lot wrong. Gundogan offered absolutely nothing and for all his efforts Jesus just hasn't got a natural goal scorer instinct.

We left it too late for the subs too.

I thought he got the team selection right, The centre back position is up for debate alongside Laporte.

Agree with not stopping the counter attacks though something which we have really struggled with this season. The pressing tonight was utter wank.

Shame Eh?

Could well be. It would be a bold statement of intent for him to commit to City now. It needs it, either way. The whole season has felt like we were drifting, RM away game aside

And if he doesn't commit we go into the unknown for the last year of his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.