Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Out of curiosity did you think it was a penalty?

Secondly, Did you have any faith that they should give it?

Mustafi got none of the ball until he went through Raheem.

Another challenge tonight was Mustafi sticking his studs into David Silva while Fatty Moss stood looking at. I don't think it was a red card but certainly shouldn't of let play just go on and no booking.
I'm not sure. I've seen them given for less and not given for more, but based on some of those I've seen I would have expected it. It definitely looked like a foul, but for some reason fouls in the box are subjected to some weird analytical voodoo. As I say my surprise is that noone here is talking about it, it's things like that that are normally brought up even when we win 5-0!

When we beat Arsenal in the League Cup Final, I remember Aubameyang running flat out towards our box and Vinnie surging past him and neatly turning away with the ball. I've seen Vinnie outrun all the speed merchants. At the moment we leave the door open at the back. We need to put a lock on the door.

Yeah agreed on most of that. I think you may be overthinking it with Pep. He has incredible backing from the Chairman and will never have better financial backing. I think hes happy to keep going at City. Crazy really but he has set our bar so high now that days like today are much more difficult to take and I think thats now the problem we face as fans going forward.

I've always thought the criticism of Gundogan has been over the top and unjustified

But tonight he was absolutely wank… we may as well have played with 10 men

Unfortunately agree with this. Very slow and did not look interested at all. We have problems to address. Players need replaced. Silva and Gundo in a centre mid is a disaster. Sometimes we have too many conductors in the pitch all trying to do the same thing. Pace and power on the wings is sorely missed.

You kind of know with City when it’s going to be a long night, within a matter of minutes of the start of the game. One criticism you can aim at pep is that he has a poor record of recovery from going behind. We are one-dimensional and so if it ain’t working at the start, tough ‘cos it ain’t changing and the game is gonna end that way.
Our eye-wateringly expensive defence is a shambles and we desperately need a backup for Aguero as Jesus cannot do it on his own. He puts plenty of effort in, but needs A N Other alongside him.
As for tonight, no-one had a good game. Walker left his man for the first goal and Mendy kept getting caught out. AL was unusually poor and Garcia was shown not to have the pace required. Very young though and so we should cut him some slack.
Passes going astray and a slow attack played right into the hands of Arsenal’s shaky defence! We made them look worth the kind of money that our defence cost.
We just looked bereft of ideas and resorted to constantly pumping aimless balls into the box. Not a good idea for one of the smallest, if not the smallest, teams in the division.
Clearout needed and the names on my list would be Zinchenko, Mendy, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Gundogan. Trouble is, they’re all on huge wages and hence difficult to get rid of. Plus, when City come knocking for replacements, the starting point for negotiation is £50m. Personally would prefer building for the future with the right players, rather than finished-article superstars whom may or may not take well to the league. Can’t afford a couple more Cancelos, or god forbid, another Mangala!!!

Anywhere on the pitch its a foul with possibly a yellow card.

It has to be stonewall and absolutely blatant to overturn it

It probably was a penalty and Arsenal couldn't have complained if it was given. But as it was neither of the above they were never gonna overturn the old fat ****s incorrect decision

We've been spared having the Rags turning us over in the Final . OGS like others now have the measure of Pep and sadly he fails to come up with anything to change things and plays right into their hands by fielding unbalanced sides.. He's become Mr Predictable,

I'm not sure. I've seen them given for less and not given for more, but based on some of those I've seen I would have expected it. It definitely looked like a foul, but for some reason fouls in the box are subjected to some weird analytical voodoo. As I say my surprise is that noone here is talking about it, it's things like that that are normally brought up even when we win 5-0!
Agreed. I've seen them given for far less.
Anywhere on the pitch its a foul with possibly a yellow card.
Exactly if it had of been outside the box he's blowing for a free kick and a yellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.