Arsenal fans complaining we "bought a title" at work

bluemanc said:
Another fuckwit who knows nothing about his own club.
Arsenal were originally founded as “Dial Square” in 1886 by workers at the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, South-East London. However, they changed their name to “Royal Arsenal” soon after, and did so again in 1891, calling themselves “Woolwich Arsenal” before going professional. They were admitted to the Second Division of the Football League in 1893, and won promotion to the First Division in 1904.
The club then started to have financial troubles, and went bankrupt by 1910.
Henry Norris took over after bankruptcy & although they were relegated back to the Second Division soon after, Arsenal still moved to their new home the Arsenal Stadium, in Highbury,MEGA RICH OWNER alert.
Arsenal were invited to join the First Division, controversially at the expense of local rivals Tottenham. They were deemed as being a more attractive proposition for the league, although there were also suspicions of underhanded methods being employed by Henry Norris, but it was the birth of much success for Arsenal.
Corrupt as fuck & they won NOTHING until 1930 which is 44 yrs without a trophy until they had a nega rich owner.Born from money &a typical London club, corrupt from day one.
Send the twat this in an e-mail he'll thankyou eventually.

And poached Huddersfield Town's triple title winning manager Herbert Chapman. Don't miss that bit out.

Red Wings said:
Bluemoon115 said:
But they HAVE bought them! Why do you find it so difficult to understand?

Through money the club had earnt, not given to them. If/when City ever win anything, it will always be remembered as a hollow achievement.

Cast your memory back to when Arsenal were picking up trophies, stacked full of superstars, all costing millions and being paid more millions... they were averaging 38,000 crowds... We were getting higher crowds!

How do you think Arsenal afforded it all?

Did the opposition clubs just let them have their players for nowt? And the players played for minimum wage?

Or did they borrow the money? Just like the Rags did... and Chelsea did... and Real Madrid did... and everyone that ever won trophies on a consistent basis did.

You really do have to grow up and join in the world of reality rather than fantasy.

Red Wings said:
I'm not a Utd fan, infact I can't stand them. Though I have respect for the things they have achieved, something they've earnt, not bought. Same goes for Arsenal.

Who do you support? If not United or Arsenal how do you know anything of their finances? No team has made money by winning trophies only teams that had wealthy investors win trophies.

C1TY4LIFE said:
Red Wings said:
I'm not a Utd fan, infact I can't stand them. Though I have respect for the things they have achieved, something they've earnt, not bought. Same goes for Arsenal.

Who do you support? If not United or Arsenal how do you know anything of their finances? No team has made money by winning trophies only teams that had wealthy investors win trophies.
That's my problem with this clown. Too ashamed of his own club to declare his allegiance.

Bluemoon115 said:
That's my problem with this clown. Too ashamed of his own club to declare his allegiance.

What do you expect from someone who's user name comes from a discarded sanitary product.

they rip their own fans off by charging up to £100 a ticket for a league game so they can pay a bit more off their cumulative debt each time some mug goes through the turnstiles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.