Arsenal fans complaining we "bought a title" at work

Red Wings said:
I'm not a Utd fan, infact I can't stand them. Though I have respect for the things they have achieved, something they've earnt, not bought. Same goes for Arsenal.

No, they bought their success after floating on the stock market and investing heavily in their team when everyone else was strapped by the Taylor report. Then they milked the commercial side of the business for all it was worth, continued to buy up all the top players and sucess eventually came.

Fair play to them, that's what all clubs do. Speculate to accumulate.

Bluemoon115 said:
Red Wings said:
I'm not a Utd fan, infact I can't stand them. Though I have respect for the things they have achieved, something they've earnt, not bought. Same goes for Arsenal.
But they HAVE bought them! Why do you find it so difficult to understand?

Through money the club had earnt, not given to them. If/when City ever win anything, it will always be remembered as a hollow achievement.

Red Wings said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Through money the club had earnt, not given to them. If/when City ever win anything, it will always be remembered as a hollow achievement.

Nope. Read the above. They invested to achieve success, as every successful club does.

It is amusing how gullible reds buy into this myth though.

DD you are wasting you're time. United fans dont want to believe when it comes to their club as it would destroy the myth thats been built up around them

Red Wings said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Money is money regardless of where it comes from. And in the end you can only put 11 players on the pitch and no matter how much money you have you need a manager to make the right buys and get them playing as a team.

And you need fans that get behind them.

Nobody calls Real or Barca's success 'hollow'. Nor Chelsea for that matter.

If our name is engraved on a trophy, especially the League, then we will have earned it as much as anyone. I just hope we do it with more style, humility and grace than The Scum ever mustered.

Sure it was more fun when any of a dozen teams could think they had a chance in the old Div 1 and clubs like Derby could win but those days have gone for now.

A winning team needs money. It's only a matter of time before clubs like Everton, Scum etc are bought up by some super-rich playboy or another anyway and with the Financial Fair Play thing we'll just be one of a super-rich dozen clubs in the Premiership.

Might even be good for football overall but I'd just so love it if we could have our moment.

Arsenal have still spent 600m more on wages than City, Everton, Villa etc, since the premiership has started. No one could match them wages before, and some still can't. Spurs' wage bill for example is 40m less than Arsenal's.

They pay their poached youth team players the highest wages in the world.

Wages are important but always forgotten. So they have spent huge

They make out they haven't spent, but have done when needed to. Wenger isn't no saint. 17m on Reyes, 8m on Jeffers, 5m Richard Wright, 4m Boa Morte, 9m Vermalen, 17m Arshavin, 10m Walcott, 12m Nasri etc

Must be so annoying for an Arsey fan to know that the last person to kick a ball and win a trophy for them now plays for us

I say fuck em. I for one don't care IF we have bought the title, not that we have won anything yet.
Chelsea, Rags, Arsey all bought the title, just like the dippers used to in to 70's and Blackburn did. No one slaggedd off Jack Walker

Joga Bonito said:
A couple annoying Arsenal fans (I use that term loosely) have decided to focus their attention on City and complaining teams like City, Chelsea, and Madrid "buy" their titles and don't deserve them, so I had to spent my entire day explaining how much the scum have spent over the years, but I didn't want much stuff on the Arse...anyone know some come-backs for them?

Whenever they start just reply by saying...... Yes thats right n smile

Soulboy said:
List all the players they had signed when they last won trophies...

Henry, Petit, Vieira, Reyes, the guy from Everton for £10m, Ljungberg, and many others... they spent fucking loads!

How could you forget his name...?

There's only one Franny Jeffers...he's a jug eared cnut and he plays up-front..etc etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.