Arsenal Fans Today

masterwig said:
They seem to have a very distorted view of football.

Every time a player leaves them they're all on the phone-ins saying it's purely about money. They seem to have fooled themselves into believing this. The reason Nasri came to City is he won fuck all at Arsenal and there was no sign of that changing. He's now a Premier League winner.

They were good yesterday though.

Well it is with their manager who is one of the highest paid in the world. But that never gets brought up. They'll tell us that he's worth his wage due to all the cultivating and growing of their young talent from an allotment in France that he's tended too since they were embryo's.

Zabbasbeard said:
matty barton said:
Zabbasbeard said:
-- Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 pm --

As the son of an immigrant (who worked here until his mid 70s, the year before his death) how can immigrants be a "disadvantage"? Are you racist? Are yiou just xenophobic? Did you enjoy such immigrants as Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira playing for your club?

If you are being racist then clear off and don't come back on here again. Your hypocrisy I can live with (it's a joke), but I won't live with racism.

maybe you should learn how to read instead of giving it the large. Everyone else understood what I meant, but I'll explain it to you in simple terms.

We were not talking about the pros and cons of immigration for a society. We were talking about the advantages and disadvantages of running football clubs in the north and the south.

If you go somewhere like Sunderland 98% of the population are born and bred Mackems.Thats an advantage for the local club, because they are all Sunderland fans from the day they are born.

Now compare that with any part of London.There will be huge chunks of the population who came from other parts of the country or abroad. Those people will have an allegiance to whatever club they grew up supporting wherever they came from.

If they settle in the area their kids might support the local team, but the City fan from Manchester, the Grimsby fan from Cleethorpes, the Fenerbahce fan running the kebab shop, the Hurling supporting pub landlord from Ireland or the Manchester United fan from Nigeria are of no benefit to Arsenal, Spurs,West Ham,Chelsea,QPR etc, because they don't support those clubs. In other words its a disadvantage compared to a northern club from a town with a more homogenous population.

How the fuck you turned that into racism says more about you than me.

Never mind telling me how to read you obnoxious little oik.

You put the words immigration and disadvantage as close together like that and it reads xenophobic. Read what you write before you post.

We have fans like you. They probably read the Guardian and have no qualms about grassing up their own fans to stewards and police, because they don't like the way other people express themselves.

People like that piss me off a lot more than opposition fans taking the piss.

Decent bunch of lads here, but what kind of complete knobjockey gets offended because the words immigration and disadvantage are close to one another in a sentence? Have you considered a career as a speech writer for Diane Abbot? You and the fat cow sound like peas in a pod.
Its a City forum, and I've been treated very well, so I'll pipe up and let everyone else draw their own conclusions.

black mamba said:
Arsenal fans are just a bunch of frustrated clowns , they have been for years now , and they couldn't believe their luck at getting a point at City , which is better than they've done lately ...... mind you , to be fair , that's the best Arsenal team they have had for some time , and they played some good stuff.

I agree.Wonder if we will buy any of it in the January window

mancityvstoke said:
How come Man U are the third best supported club in that London?

Do you know of many places where they aren't well supported?They have club shops in places like Singapore.

They have a lot of southern fans. If you did a poll amongst foreigners in London I wouldn't be surprised if they came top in the ''what is your favourite English football club'' category. Thats just an opinion based on personal observations rather than fact.

Gooner here, and slightly confused with a lot of the stuff I've read on this thread. Every City fan I've met has been a proper football supporter who knows their stuff. I grew up in the same street in North London as two City fans when I was a kid, watched the play-off with them in '99, and always had a bit of affection for the club because I saw them as likeable mavericks and hated United with a passion. I don't begrudge you any success at all because you've been through enough of the bad - and neither do most Gooners tbh. It's annoying that you've nicked a couple of our best players but there's no real animosty towards City fans whatsoever amongst us lot.

It's pretty standard to goad opposition fans with the things that you perceive them to be most sensitive about. Hence you getting the 'no history' stuff and us getting labelled posh plastics. As long as it doesn't get into dodgy territory it's all just a bit of banter. If you call us your feeder club what do you expect us to do? You're trying to wind us up and we're just doing the same back. Do you honestly think that we shouldn't mention your new found wealth because one of our directors put some money into our club fifteen years ago?

Secondly, we hate Nasri because of the way he behaved as he left, same for Adebayor. Toure and Clichy don't get the same treatment. How do you think you'd react if one of your players said the same things about City fans as Nasri did about us lot? You'd slaughter him, and rightly so. How was Tevez perceived this time last year?

We were loud today and I hope that's gone a bit of the way towards banishing the myth that we're all quiet. We just have shit home support, there's a difference. And of course we celebrated at the final whistle. A point away to the champions is a good result. Doesn't make us 'small time' or anything else. What are we supposed to do? Just sit there in silence? As I've said, as long as you don't overstep the line it's all just good fun and your lot gave us some good stuff in the other direction.

And one other minor thing, to the bloke who mentioned Alan Davies, Davies incidentally does an Arsenal podcast in which he has frequently said that he thinks City fans are the best in the country.

For what it's worth, and I'm anticipating a slating here anyway, I like City and I hope you do well. Good luck for the season.

matty barton said:
mancityvstoke said:
How come Man U are the third best supported club in that London?

Do you know of many places where they aren't well supported?They have club shops in places like Singapore.

They have a lot of southern fans. If you did a poll amongst foreigners in London I wouldn't be surprised if they came top in the ''what is your favourite English football club'' category. Thats just an opinion based on personal observations rather than fact.

I just don't understand why they would support a Manchester club over local clubs of which London has many.

WHL2004 said:
Gooner here, and slightly confused with a lot of the stuff I've read on this thread. Every City fan I've met has been a proper football supporter who knows their stuff. I grew up in the same street in North London as two City fans when I was a kid, watched the play-off with them in '99, and always had a bit of affection for the club because I saw them as likeable mavericks and hated United with a passion. I don't begrudge you any success at all because you've been through enough of the bad - and neither do most Gooners tbh. It's annoying that you've nicked a couple of our best players but there's no real animosty towards City fans whatsoever amongst us lot.

It's pretty standard to goad opposition fans with the things that you perceive them to be most sensitive about. Hence you getting the 'no history' stuff and us getting labelled posh plastics. As long as it doesn't get into dodgy territory it's all just a bit of banter. If you call us your feeder club what do you expect us to do? You're trying to wind us up and we're just doing the same back. Do you honestly think that we shouldn't mention your new found wealth because one of our directors put some money into our club fifteen years ago?

Secondly, we hate Nasri because of the way he behaved as he left, same for Adebayor. Toure and Clichy don't get the same treatment. How do you think you'd react if one of your players said the same things about City fans as Nasri did about us lot? You'd slaughter him, and rightly so. How was Tevez perceived this time last year?

We were loud today and I hope that's gone a bit of the way towards banishing the myth that we're all quiet. We just have shit home support, there's a difference. And of course we celebrated at the final whistle. A point away to the champions is a good result. Doesn't make us 'small time' or anything else. What are we supposed to do? Just sit there in silence? As I've said, as long as you don't overstep the line it's all just good fun and your lot gave us some good stuff in the other direction.

And one other minor thing, to the bloke who mentioned Alan Davies, Davies incidentally does an Arsenal podcast in which he has frequently said that he thinks City fans are the best in the country.

For what it's worth, and I'm anticipating a slating here anyway, I like City and I hope you do well. Good luck for the season.

That's not strictly true is it? Clichy got dog's abuse all the way through the game from the fans of the club that 'do it right'

WHL2004 said:

End of thread - excellent post.
Can I just criticise the skinny jeans with brown broques - and the Jean Paul Gaultier advert haircuts though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.