Arsenal game 17th June.

Think about it logically these are the games where they could possibly win the title there would be shed loads of fans turning up but realistically if you put these games on mars the scousers would still be there by the bus load so its nonsense in reality.
But if they won the title at home there’s less likely to be fans outside the ground? I don’t think so

Yet more simplistic thinking.

Tiny sample size of games played since the restart renders any stats pretty meaningless. As sure as god made little apples home wins will revert towards the mean as more games are played. In a normal season many factors account for the difference between home and away form - rest, routine, familiarity of surroundings giving psychological benefits etc etc.

Fans like to believe they make a difference and they probably do but it’s a very small difference.
Boris Becker Bollocks, absolute nonsense

They will move it presumably
Why? If they were doing that they do it now, like they have with the away games? It’s fucking illogical, I hope they announce (1) who decided on which games to push to neutral grounds (PL or Plod?) and 2) the rationale in each case. I won’t hold my fucking breath

Fucking bollocks. But it’s you, the brand new fart in the lift that is Bluemoon.

If fans didn’t make a difference then they’d be no difference between home and away form for every club. As for a small sample size, we’ve got 130 years worth of data on that point across all the major leagues.

You really think a different looking dressing gown has more effect than 50,000 fans cheering you on? Fuck me, if you told me it was sunny out, I’d take an umbrella outside with me.

We’ll see the results of the studies on the major leagues playing without fans and I’m sure there will be many thesis’s and articles written on the subject.
Jesus, can you not read or is it just that you can’t understand what you read ?

I didn’t say fans made no difference but that they only made a small difference. As I tried to explain other factors come into play.

Here are some stats, try to read them slowly and carefully....

45% of games were won by the home team in the last ten PL seasons including this one.

If we take out those games where the home team started at a price of 1.50 or less on the markets ie their chance of winning is rated at 66% or better then the percentage of home wins in the remaining fixtures is 29%

So we see a home win in only 29% of games where the market does not consider the home team to be a significantly better side than the away team

If it makes you happy you can keep on thinking your little simplistic fairytale thoughts that you’re a decisive factor in the outcome of a sporting contest between two highly focused meticulously prepared professional teams but the stats tell a different story

He’s the same on every subject on every thread if it helps. I’m pretty sure he’s from the other place on a wind up.
Zzzzzzzz

The stock retort of every dimwit who disagrees with someone else on here but can’t articulate their thoughts into a reasoned post ...... derrrr he’s a rag ........ derrrr he’s a dipper.

You’re only embarrassing yourself by making such comments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.