Arsenal (H) - FA Cup - Fri 27th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Was our last Friday night home game?

Was that 1 v Chelsea in the early 80's Division 2.
Watford at home in Division 1, Keegan in charge, Stuart Pearce free kick and the start of an amazing season with Bernarbia and Berkovic?

When Was our last Friday night home game?

Was that 1 v Chelsea in the early 80's Division 2.
Or was it the 1-0 v. Birmingham to (almost) win promotion? Only time I got on the Maine Road pitch.

Last edited:
Foden and Bernie out of form, Phillips not quite up to speed, Palmer keen but inexperienced and Dias only just returning from injury...risky strategy, surely? I'm all for Alvarez starting but this game is a psychological marker. We have to show Arsenal we can beat them.

That means we can't leave out the players who've shone since the World Cup - like Grealish, Ake and Rico - and we can't leave out Haaland when he's just warming up again...
Yep it'll be a massive blunder to rest Haaland. He seems like a rhythm player like Kev. Unstoppable when in the groove, but only half the player when out of rhythm. Keep him in and play Julian with him again. Personally I wouldn't change too much with 9 days before the next game. Something like
Ortega
Walker Dias Laporte Ake
Rodri Kev
Mahrez Alverez Jack
Haaland

Ortega
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo
Phillips
Bernardo
Foden
Palmer
Grealish
Alvarez

The squad needs to be used, that's a current form second string but half that team would usually be in our strongest 11, need as many as possible to find some form as we try and keep up and chase arsenal in the league as well as the champions league returning. I also think it's important we win the psychological battle by beating them but it's the after thought rather than priority.

If arsenal put out a similarly changed side we should beat them comfortably, their squad is nowhere near as strong.

if they put out their strongest side and lose that's a huge mental blow dealt to them. if they win with their strongest team, they know its not our strongest side, they'll have extra games to concentrate on and a small tiring squad to do it with and we get a few moments of rest through the season and crucially no postponed games.

We also don't have to throw a semi-final as per usual when it clashes with champions league.

It’s going to come down to who dominates the midfield. We’re going to have to be really careful with possession. We can’t afford to give it up cheaply against Arsenals quick, incisive forward play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.