Arsenal (H) - FA Cup - Fri 27th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge huge game. If we win we plant seeds of doubt in their minds and gain a psychological edge for the run in. I hope we go with our absolute strongest team especially with no game for 9 days after this.

Eddie in goal, Ake at LB.
Problem is, if Pep goes "Best 11" and Arteta only goes 75%, we won't be able to assess relative strengths, unless of course Arsenal should win, or draw, then we know they have even more to add for future games.
If they both go 100% then, yes, we will then have a good indicator for the future match ups.
Be interesting if Pep went 75% to Arsenal's top line up and still beat them or, if struggling see if our bench can turn things around. No doubt Pep will have decided on his approach to this game.

Problem is, if Pep goes "Best 11" and Arteta only goes 75%, we won't be able to assess relative strengths, unless of course Arsenal should win, or draw, then we know they have even more to add for future games.
If they both go 100% then, yes, we will then have a good indicator for the future match ups.
Be interesting if Pep went 75% to Arsenal's top line up and still beat them or, if struggling see if our bench can turn things around. No doubt Pep will have decided on his approach to this game.
Arteta and his young coaching team will be plotting 24 hours a day on how to deal with City. Be interesting to know how much Pep will worry about Arsenal.

I think if we go best 11 and arsenal go at say 75% we still get a huge mental boost if we win.

Arsenal have no reason to turn up at anything less than full strength, if they don’t play their best team I’d see it as a sign of weakness, sort of them trying to protect their best team from a potentially damaging defeat.

With the 3 games against Chelsea in late 2020/21 Pep went weaker the first 2 and threw them away, especially the league game, then lost in Porto anyway for the third.

I'm not sure if it was all part of his plan, but it backfired.

Well it looks like Pep & Mikel are trying to out flatter each other before tomorrow night's game. I suppose it's better than slanging each other off like some managers. I wonder if the loser will be so nice in May. Up the blues.

With the 3 games against Chelsea in late 2020/21 Pep went weaker the first 2 and threw them away, especially the league game, then lost in Porto anyway for the third.

I'm not sure if it was all part of his plan, but it backfired.
But he still didn't go 'strong' in Porto? The team that ground PSG to dust should have been the one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.