Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Has anyone heard about the supporter, don't know if he's Arsenal or City who was knocked unconscious where the City fans walking from the South Stand/CB stand which is where I was coming from meet the Arsenal fans exiting the stadium?

He was hit, fell on Ashton New Road and cracked his skull, he was motionless and blood was pouring from his head, the Police on horses attended and moved everyone away, it looked so bad but not seen anything related to the incident.

Didn't see anyone on ground but crowd was thick. Saw the Police on horses...

Ah, but listening to the idiot Savage on R5 he suggested in the smuggest way he could muster that it was 'game management'! I bet a turnip to a Welsh leek that it would be anti-football if Pep or any City manager ever produced a half that managed 12.5% possession. Add that to the level of refereeing ineptitude on display we did superbly well to scab a draw!!!
Pep is one of the few managers whose interpretation of "game management" is trying to continue to attack when 3 or 4 up.
Poor Savage never had the ability or brains to be anything other than an athletic, aggressive yard-dog.
He wouldn't last 5 minutes in the modern, sanitised game.
Would be interesting to hear his views if/when his Macc team are up against " shithousery" away to Matlock etc...

Expect to see more teams copying the "play for a corner, gang up on the keeper tactics". There is no rule that prohibits standing anywhere; don't touch the keeper and the ref does not deem it "obstruction". It's already chaotic at corners, wrestling, shirt-pulling etc. and has been for years, defenders and attackers at it. "Tactical injuries" lol, Arse were the instigators and have become even more blatant, same with the signature time-wasting shithousery. A game-clock that stops when the ball is dead would end the farce of subs coming on in the dieing seconds and the need for extra time. The red cartel will do anything to stop that as it diminishes their allies in PGMOL to influence results. Arse as the new Leeds, without the trophy....

Amongst the many reasons for intensely disliking Arteta, his clear decision to tell his players to go down with ‘cramp’, or some other feigned injury, is truly reprehensible.

The intent is to disrupt play, to create a version of the NFL ‘timeout’, where his players can have a drink and then get new instructions while the feigned injury is ‘treated’.

Well guess what you gooners, karma came back to maul you in the 98th minute.

I’m not sure whether anything can be done about his players dropping like flies, but it is definitely not good for the game.
The simple thing is if it’s not a head injury then play on. I would like to see a few teams employ the same tactic against Arsenal and see the reaction, their fragile heads would explode. If Arsenal are having a good period of play then players just sit down and disrupt their rhythm, the only problem with this is most teams have too much integrity to employ these shithouse tactics. The last team I saw employ these tactics to this extent at the Etihad was Everton but somehow Arsenal managed to out-shithouse them, Everton had the excuse of avoiding relegation. Arsenal playing like this five games in proves Rodri’s mentality comments for me. And finally what a contrast in play between Brentford and Arsenal, out of those two teams only one played like title challengers.

Last edited:
Small point but surely Lewis starts over Walker going forward?
Not a small point at all mate.

There's no way on Gods earth that he should've been dropped yesterday. Since the start of the season, he's developed a nice partnership with Savio...quick, slick passing in tight area's. Breaking the lines, overlaps, underlaps, you name it, this kid does it. EXACTLY what was needed yesterday.

For me, a Pep brain fart, of (almost) Porto proportions to not play him....and then to leave him on the bench was criminal.

One thing noticeable was Savio playing very differently yesterday, he was not taking his first man on, which was Martinelli doubling up mostly, who he would have had on toast, to then attack their left back one-on-one. Can't remember him getting to the bye-line once. Pep instructions, to recycle, rather than play as he did against Fulham & Brentford? Is Pep going to do with Savio what he has done with Jack?

Come on Pep, let him play.

It was a kid that got us that almighty result at the Barcodes last season, another kid could've done the same yesterday. Instead, we got Dias taking potshots like a crackhead at a coconut shy.

Go figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.