Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

I think Arteta calculates if you cheat constantly you will only get a percentage of it called as a ref won’t be brandishing a red card every two seconds. They sort of overload the system.

I think their behavior requires rule changes.
Got to be investigated.
Going down every 2 minutes and Lego head cheerleading on the touchline..
It's against every team.
It's blatant cheating and poor from arsenal for every other player because it's the boy who cried wolf.
Something serious is gonna happen to one of their players one day and the arsenal team are gonna think it's all part of the plan whilst a player could be genuinely in serious trouble.

Which suggests his shooting from outside the area (or just his shooting in general) ain't that good.
Watching it I said, we have a process you have to believe in what we do, we squeaked it and done

Which is correct. Then again, he's a defender. In general, in the last two games, our long-range shooting has been not too good. Kova today, Phil too. All I want is for them to get it on target, and make the keeper work a bit. Tell you what, though, Walker hit a screamer and it was on its way in, I think, but for a deflection.

Loved it that we scored in added time! Makes it even sweeter.

Other than that it was like dejavu 2nd half. We didn’t look like scoring for most of it so to rescue a point feels like a win. Have to hope Rodri is not out for too long because we went really downhill when he went off.

It came to this I need to celebrate a point at home against 10 men Arsenal after we turned to jelly in span of 10 minutes in the first half.
I am not sure what is Pep trying to do, but he is fecking it up big time. Inter in the final year and half ago, RM last season, any strong team in the PL last season, United in the FA cup final, Inter again in the CL and now Arsenal at home. Haaland against back five and being immovable object around the penalty spot is not working. He scored when we caught them off guard on the through ball, but it is becoming bloody rarity against the resolute defence. Please tell me where I am getting it wrong?

His decision to keep Silva on instead of leaving Savio on wasn't too bright. But personally I believe, it was on the players. If Kyle Walker was somewhat alert today they wouldn't have scored those 2 goals. If Dias had taken the initiative to swap positions with Foden on the edge of the box we could've had better opportunities to score.
I remember seeing Pep telling Kova and Phil to swap near the end for exactly this reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.