Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Make the mistake of listening to 909 on the way back. Arsenal fans whinging about Doku kicking the the ball away completely ignoring the fact he kicked it to where Oliver was telling Arsenal to take the free kick from. How they can compare that to a 40 yard boot across the pitch from Trossard is beyond me.

They’re victims. Stems from Arteta and play absolutely terrorism football. Painful to watch and something you’d expect from a League 2 side in the cup.

They act hard done to from referees but I do wonder whether referees have jumped at the opportunities to apply the letter of the law (today and Rice) because they cheat their way through the match using other tactics that can’t be punished.

Player goes down? Fine. 30 seconds off. But wait, what if the keeper goes down? Well, no 30 seconds off the pitch. Continuous going to ground, went down more often than a cheap hooker today. Horrible, horrible side to watch and not how football should be played.

It’d be a crime if they won the league playing like that. Good job they won’t. Bottle-less cunts.

They'll be screaming about consistency all week when they're clearly radically different things. They're a team set up to take every possible piss take going and then wonder why they pick up bookings for cheap piss taking.

We might hate to admit it regarding one of the teams involved, but in the last 4 days we’ve played two of the best teams in Europe at a time of season when we’re way below our best and we’ve emerged unscathed from those games.

Despite the lack of fluency there’s been no sign of the players losing any of the hunger that’s been a huge factor in our success. That’s the shining star of today’s performance and it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Arsenal had a real chance to lay down a marker today and we stopped them. No rodri, no KDB, Phil not up to speed, Gundog not fully reintegrated yet not to mention a referee keen to indulge Arsenal’s every whim and they still couldn’t get the result that might have helped to strengthen their weak mentalities

Agree with the last sentiment. But we had more than an odd shot or two. I'd say we had half a dozen over the bar by a mile or so in the second half. Pity about Gundog's free that hit the post!
The defenders were taking the shots, probably why they didn't trouble the keeper, get Foden or Gundogan in those positions just over 20 yards out and it might have been different.

Did I miss something. I’ve just googled the
Law

The latest Interpretations and Guidelines states: "It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick." If the ball is not within playing distance, the attacker may not move in a way that restricts the keeper

By this definition surely Ederson was fouled at every corner ?

Not blaming the ref he made decisions as he saw the game in real time and made mistakes on SOME decisions going both ways, but with the assistance of VAR at a goal surely the obstructing of a keeper is something that should be looked at.

Relieved City got a point. But as unlikeable as Arteta and his team are, City found no way through Arsenal's defence after Rodri went off; that seemed to take the wind out of the whole team and if it had been 11 v 11 in the second half the game looked more likely to end 3-1 to Arsenal than a draw.

Also I think the 115 charges case might be starting to get into players' heads now the trial has started - anyone except maybe Foden in this team must be wondering whether they fancy playing Crewe and Leyton Orient next season.
Oh do fuck off….

Gabriel Jesus GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sometimes yes but he's a player you hate to play against but that comes with the territory of facing him, even when he was here he was a bit of a shithouse c*nt and other fans thought the same.

I'm glad he was here to help out at times, we needed him back then and he left at the right time, plus just remember...

I hate celebrations like this. Made up we sickened them in the last seconds. Dark art cheating cunts
I mean if you’re gonna bait the home fans with this kind of celebration at least do a proper job of it a la Rodri at Arsenal …. shirt off, running straight up to their weakassed fans screaming his head off and waving his shirt at them.

That’s how you do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.