Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

The way in which Arsenal sneakily approached Arteta to become their manager and the way he agreed to meet with them without telling his current employers shows how classless both they and he are.
Their current team reflects this lack of class and such cynical football does not deserve any success or admiration.
Arteta even assured Pep and Txiki that he was going to stay at City, but met with Arsenal execs in secret at 2am at his house. Only thing was, the paparazzi were there and it was in the papers the next day and then Arteta never showed up back to work for City.

He never even told City he’d taken the Arsenal job, Pep and Txiki found out when the story broke in the papers the next day.

Pep and Txiki were supposedly furious with him.

Bunch of shithouses playing shithouse football - Pullis and Allardyce would have been proud of that Arsenal performance.

I'm surprised that City didn't deal with like for like on the corners. They had 2 and should have scored from both, not just 1. They all lined up at the back; two of theirs run towards Ederson both times and box him in. Gabriel is a big lad who's always going to be difficult to stop when the delivery is that good and he's got a running jump over any defenders.

We needed players facing theirs at the back, and 2 of ours specified to protect Ederson and clear out their blockers. Ederson then should have claimed both, with a punch or whatever as they were both in the 6 yard box and at the back post.

I'll leave it to you lot to send this to Pep. In the end, it's a good point, all things considered - and fuckin' great to piss on their shithouse chips in the 98th minute - get in!!!

As I was leaving the ground tonight, Bernie was still arguing with Arsenal players then walked off without shaking hands. Don’t you just love him ?
Yes I do !

It was worth the admission fee alone to see him repeatedly gesturing to Trossard to get off the pitch as they walked past each other after the red card. Heartwarming that one of the best midfielders in Europe behaves how every City fan would in situations like that.

Bernardo Silva on the difference between Man City’s matches against Liverpool and Arsenal:''

“Perhaps because Liverpool has already won the EPL and Arsenal hasn’t. Liverpool, at that time, had also won a UCL, while Arsenal hasn’t. Liverpool always faced us head-on, to win matches. From that perspective, our games against Arsenal haven’t been like the matches against Liverpool were, and still are!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.