Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

We’ve been shit for most of the season and don’t really deserve the title.

Just a shame the murderers are going to win it. Wouldn’t really bother me if Arsenal won the league.
Nonsense, we are 3 points behind because we deserve to be just 3 points behind, unbeaten for over 20 games . We may or may not win it.

Last edited:
Our patchy form suggests we won’t win 9 games on the bounce from here. We are actually on track for around 83 points.
Interesting point.

I hear what you say but a quick reckon up of our last 12 League game shows 9 wins, 3 draws

Draws against Arse, Dips and Chelsea.

3 above are all big games currently no matter how shit Chelsea are against everyone else.

Not forgetting we stuffed the Rags in that run.

Arse and Dips have more tough games than us in the run in
Rags, Spuds, Everton, Chelsea can all cause problems for our 2 title rivals.

A lot can happen in this run in

Bernardo said something along the lines a few months back - we get paid very well but have to play every 3 days. Basically unsustainable and energy/ performance levels will drop. He is right. MOM for me though yesterday - be a massive loss this summer obvs.

The Bigger picture is when you add up all the games over 3 seasons plus international games World Cup and qualifiers, Uefa qualifiers, Uefa National League and friendly games, Manchester City players have put some miles on the clock. Bernardo must be using Duracell batteries because he just keeps going and going.

Tight game, i thought Taylor hampered us as per everytime we made a break a city player was hauled back, the move killed, any bits of skill simply negated with a rugby tackle. Liverpool were the same against Brighton.
Imo it's against the spirit of the game and should be a mandatory booking to grab hold of someone to stop them. No point in having skilful players otherwise.

Our record v top 5 this season is really poor. We have been underwhelming with hardly any shots on goal this season way too much also. So only being 3 points behind with 9 to go is some achievement in squeezing the shite out of games which we have done alot.

Only Erling and Phil as goal scorers is way off the mark compared to scouse knutz who have a handful of goal scorers in their squad. Goals win matches and as Keane said yesterday Erling looked like a div 2 striker yesterday with no service.
We replaced proven goalscorers, Gundo, Mahrez and Cole with Doku, Nunez and Kovacic who barely share a goal between them. Add that Oscar Bobb is more likely to score than Jack Grealish it puts a greater onus on Erling, Phil, Julian, Kev and Bernardo.

Teams like Arsenal have wised up and focus more attention on the players who actually present a goal threat in their tactics against City. Teams were not able to do this other seasons because of the number of our forward players capable of scoring and contributing around double figures goals a season.

I find it really strange how the media today are going on about how Arsenal have managed to get over some big hurdle. The big hurdle is going out there and trying to beat the current champions at their own place, ripping the title from their hands and then making it so it's just you and Liverpool in the race. Even though we've not won in ages (in a proper season) at Anfield, i can't remember us ever going there for a draw. IMO that's the difference, Liverpool always come to Etihad to try and win, there were times last night that Arsenal had 10 men behind the ball and it wasn't just because of a huge amount of pressure from City.

I think KDB has been struggling for a few games, you can see he has unfortunately lost half a yard and it will take him some time to adjust to that. So it was strange that Pep decided to take off Foden instead, surely the right thing would have been to put Foden in the 10? I know a lot of people have been going hard on Haaland, personally i didn't think he was that bad. They doubled up on him, when he came deep he didn't really have anything close to him to bounce off and there wasn't much space for him to run in behind either. I thought Grealish looked good when he came on, i also thought Rico was very composed and didn't look out of place at all. But we keep waiting for City to move up a gear and unfortunately it just hasn't happened this season although there's still time.

We replaced proven goalscorers, Gundo, Mahrez and Cole with Doku, Nunez and Kovacic who barely share a goal between them. Add that Oscar Bobb is more likely to score than Jack Grealish it puts a greater onus on Erling, Phil, Julian, Kev and Bernardo.

Teams like Arsenal have wised up and focus more attention on the players who actually present a goal threat in their tactics against City. Teams were not able to do this other seasons because of the number of our forward players capable of scoring and contributing around double figures goals a season.

How many league goals did Palmer score for City?

Cole Palmer wasn't a proven goalscorer when we sold him - 0 Prem goals in 20 apps - and if Chelsea had literally anyone else on penalties he wouldn't be considered as one right now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.