Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

both this and Norwich game we faced some of the worst defensive performances in PL. I dont know how often Arteta opts for a back 5, but this was criminal for him even before red card.

I think they finished the game with one shot, I and the only shot I recall was the one where Ederson kicked the ball at Arsenal player 2 metres from goal and it ended basically in an off target shot for the Arse player not on purpose of course. :)

September will much more of a real test for our attacking power with games like Leicester away, Chelsea away, PSG away, Leipzig home etc.

fucking hate international breaks and while earlier it was usually 2 games for national teams, now its 3 games and i have a feeling while Grealish was underused on the Euros now he will be overused and play long minutes for England 3x in a row, Sterling too etc.
wouldnt mind Walker sit out and have TAA from scousers to risk injury and get more tired.
Good chance to get Foden and KDB fit.

6 points from 9 is Ok given Chelsea and Liverpool have 7.

I thought Grealish was a bit of a spectator at times today out on the left. He wasnt poor, but it was almost like the rest if the side were giving him a bit of a lesson.

"Welcome to City, Jack, this is how we destroy one of the "big 6""
I read somewhere, maybe on here, it was as if Pep targeted their best player - Tierney - and if we can break him, we break the team.

On another note, it was great to see us going for a sixth in the final few minutes, rather than resting on our laurels and settling for five.

After this week - not talking about transfers - that is a quality performance. Read comments on here about Arsenal’s poor defence which came after Norwich’s poor defence. Bollocks. The players did that to those defences with their movement, control and awareness. City are a quality team, playing in a quality set up - to get that result after the last couple of days proves it. I’m crossing everything that Bernardo (he is always superb when KDB isn’t available) and Laporte stay. Love them all.

After this week - not talking about transfers - that is a quality performance. Read comments on here about Arsenal’s poor defence which came after Norwich’s poor defence. Bollocks. The players did that to those defences with their movement, control and awareness. City are a quality team, playing in a quality set up - to get that result after the last couple of days proves it. I’m crossing everything that Bernardo (he is always superb when KDB isn’t available) and Laporte stay. Love them all.
Nice one Zinny!

I thought Grealish was a bit of a spectator at times today out on the left. He wasnt poor, but it was almost like the rest if the side were giving him a bit of a lesson.

"Welcome to City, Jack, this is how we destroy one of the "big 6""
He was a little quiet in the beginning but Jack had a swagger about him today. A fantastic player and he's great to watch. Brilliant signing and has settled in well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.