Arsenal (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if those saying peak Dhino is better than Rodders, would afford the time for Rodders to reach his peak with us, so as to make a more reasoned argument.
No one isnt giving him time.....

Rodri has many qualities..he reminds of Barry which for me is a great compliment (not as well versed in the dark arts as Barry was however).

His passing and positioning is great.

Ive noticed he has started shooting more (he has a hammer of a shot on him) - which is somethign as a team we do need t start doing a bit more at times (from distance).

The issue is however that his lack of mobility (which im not sure is ever going to change) does leave us exposed - its not just him however -its the system which Pep plays that also causes that - the fullbacks used to cme inside more to add to that midfield - we seeemed to be doing that less and less -the front 3 (whoever they are) seem to have stopped pressing as much -all this contributes but he does have a part ot play in it as well

No one isnt giving him time.....

Rodri has many qualities..he reminds of Barry which for me is a great compliment (not as well versed in the dark arts as Barry was however).

His passing and positioning is great.

Ive noticed he has started shooting more (he has a hammer of a shot on him) - which is somethign as a team we do need t start doing a bit more at times (from distance).

The issue is however that his lack of mobility (which im not sure is ever going to change) does leave us exposed - its not just him however -its the system which Pep plays that also causes that - the fullbacks used to cme inside more to add to that midfield - we seeemed to be doing that less and less -the front 3 (whoever they are) seem to have stopped pressing as much -all this contributes but he does have a part ot play in it as well
Comparing peak Dhino to today's Rodri and then stating he is not fit to lace his boots is churlish and is the message I'm taking from here on recent posts

Comparing peak Dhino to today's Rodri and then stating he is not fit to lace his boots is churlish and is the message I'm taking from here on recent posts
I never said anything about not fit to lace his boots

He is a downgrade in terms of defensive cover however which is what I have said and i dont think many would disagree

Rodri is hardly a kid either

Given this new energetic and much steelier Arsenal,we could probably do with Gabby's industry and workrate,he defends from the front better than our other forwards.This won't be a game for passengers.

Yeah, but I'm not keen on including two forwards both coming back from injury and starting. Comes down to Jesus v Aguero for me and Kun wins out. I trust Ferran to put in the hard yards and prove himself.

Yeah, but I'm not keen on including two forwards both coming back from injury and starting. Comes down to Jesus v Aguero for me and Kun wins out. I trust Ferran to put in the hard yards and prove himself.
Kun has never returned from a lay off looking anywhere close to form,especially not after a prolonged lay off such as this.Gabby is naturally far fitter and would be the wiser option IMO.

If previous is anything to judge by......it will take Aguero at least 3 games to get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.