Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
'Park the bus wankers' who scored 91 goals in the PL last season.

I'm not sure why you think Arsenal should have given up their main strategic advantage against City (the defence, and Haaland being Saliba's little bunny in particular) and instead play into City's hands.

I'd have liked for us to have gone for it and tried to win but it wasn't happening that day, we couldn't get through the City lines. Going more attacking would have played into City's hands. Anyone can see this surely

In the rest of our games we scored a bunch of goals and had the same goal difference as City. We won against all the top 3 teams. We just shat the bed at home to Villa. It happens.

P.S. are Real Madrid 'park the bus wankers' as well? They adopted similar tactics at the Etihad because decent teams figure out where they can capitalise on weaknesses of opponents and adapt their game accordingly.
Fair opinion. It would have been dumb for Arsenal to go all out attack against us with an advantage.

I don't understand why our fans always vhope opponents play an open game against us. Granted, on a day when we are off, you might get lucky and beat us by playing open football. Like West Ham did last year. But on any average day, an open game against Man City is historically a losing strategy.

PSG plays us open almost every time. And they get smacked for it often. Even on days we are off we still beat them coz it's just stupid to play a superior possession team openly.

Talk less when you have an advantage in the standing and not losing keeps you ahead.

That's exactly what they did. More so than Arsenal. Parked the bus and looked for a long pass to Vinicius/Rodrygo, hoping for some moment of magic. I respect the likes of Inter more for trying to do something against us at the Etihad a few days ago, even without a few starting players. Even Brentford did more against us than Real Madrid.
I have the opposite opinion. I respect teams that know what they need to do to improve their chances of winning.

I find teams that play an open game against us to be unintelligent in the aggregate. You might get lucky, sure. But more likely than not an open game against Man City is a loss.

I have the opposite opinion. I respect teams that know what they need to do to improve their chances of winning.

I find teams that play an open game against us to be unintelligent in the aggregate. You might get lucky, sure. But more likely than not an open game against Man City is a loss.
I understand what you're saying, and it makes a lot of sense, but I just believe there a sweet spot in-between. I think that's what Inter/Brentford did in recent times against us. What I don't like is ani-football strategy that rarely works anyway. Having said that, going all out against us is stupid and naive, of course.

I understand what you're saying, and it makes a lot of sense, but I just believe there a sweet spot in-between. I think that's what Inter/Brentford did in recent times against us. What I don't like is ani-football strategy that rarely works anyway. Having said that, going all out against us is stupid and naive, of course.
But inter caught us on a bad day. On a good day half way through the season with all engines firing, they'd have gotten smoked.

That said, Inter still mostly played on the counter. We just were poorer in our possession and transition. Which made it look more even.

I'd agree on Brentford. But I cannot express to you how unworried I was against Brentford as I was watching. They were comically open. Sure they had some great chances early playing open. But it was so playing into our hands being that open.

To me, if you let City long ball score against you, you are just a tactically stupid team. I'm sorry. I appreciate them. But if I were the owner of Brentford I'd be livid at the Manager's tactics.

Worried about Arsenal. Not sure how they will play but they have the best defence in the Premier League and have players who can hurt us. If we can keep a clean sheet we could win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.