Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I really don't get people calling for Walker to come back in. He was a liability last year, in his ten-minute cameo against West Ham, and only a little less poor against Brentford.

Rico has kept Kudus, Pedro Neto, Rashford, and Nkunku all in his pocket in as many games, not to mention the obvious of what he brings on the ball when playing it out from the back. I really have zero clue where this idea that he's a liability defensively, but Walker somehow isn't comes from. I think dropping him would be a big mistake, but we know Pep is loyal to his guys, so we'll see.

Ederson
Lewis-Akanji-Dias-Gvardiol
Kovacic-Rodri
Bernardo-Foden-Doku
Haaland​

Last edited:
Please pep don’t play both Grealish and Bernardo as wingers. It’s so painful to watch. I want to see us go for their throat. There is no reason we shouldn’t win this by 2/3 goals
If Gundo could have headed a ball properly tonight, we would have won by 2 goals

we need to put these fuckers in their place. last season lost the CS game on pens after their late deflected goal, then lost at the Emirates due to a deflected goal, then a 0-0 at the Etihad. enough of Arteta stopping us to score, 1 goal scored in 270 minutes vs them last season, time to fix that.

if they mark Haaland out of the game which is not unlikely others just need to step up. Haaland also need to be more aggressive, dont let himself pushed on the floor so easily. or fall backwards with elbow into the defenders stomach bit of dark arts and all that.

Suddenly a hell of a lot less confident about this than I was last Friday. Arsenal will be tougher to break down and infinitely more threatening than our last 2 opponents, we perform anything like we did last 2 games and we won't just get beat, we'll take a battering. Need to see a monumental improvement. No reason not to believe we won't see it though. I expect us to turn up there's no excuse not to.

Ederson
Walker
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb/Foden
Doku
Haaland

Walker and akanji have to play with their pace in my eyes as Arsenal will aim to smash us on quick transitions down the flanks. If those 2 play the back 4 then completes itself. Rodri obviously plays and I can't see past kovacic partnering him who has largely been excellent this season. Bernardo has to be in the side somewhere for every big game so he goes wide right, doku as the 1v1 threat to actually break through their defence on the left, id fancy him to tear apart ben white. haaland upfront and then the only question is who plays behind haaland which will surely be decided by who is the fittest. Kdb looked leggy 1st half anyway and we don't know how bad his injury is and that's fodens first involvement. Is he ready to start? Gundo could play there instead if neither are deemed ready.

Think Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Haaland are the only guaranteed starters. Three other places up for grabs.
Kevs injured I think.
Do you not think Phil will start on Sunday? He looked match fit and full of beans. CTID

Another top side with top quality players will come and stick 6 on Haaland and play in transition! Think Arteta halfway through last season came to the conclusion that being more defensive is the way to go to win the league and playing defensively against us is the only way you can get a result! Just like Madrid did and that's the only time they played a team and parked the bus!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.