Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Blues. I think we have to try something new. Now hear me out on this one.

Arsenal/Arteta are going to park the bus and play on the counter / rely on set pieces. The foundation of their gameplan relies HEAVILY on their defense being on their A game.

Gabriel/Saliba are licking their lips and are probably dreaming of playing like prime Nesta and Maldini getting ready and motivated to stop Haaland.

We know how ineffective Haaland can be against a deep block, especially an organized one who are on red alert for him.

I think we should INNOVATE. Throw a spanner in the works. Hear me out. I think Haaland should be on the bench.

3 ATB with Gvardiol, Dias & Akanji
3 in midfield, Rodri as the 6 with Kovacic and Rico either sides of him to have control in the midfield
Doku and Savinho on the flanks to provide threat from the flanks
Gundogan and Foden both as false 9s, attacking midfielders in the middle

Tactically, Pep said Rico, Foden and Gundogan are our best players in the pockets so this system allows all 3 to be in there.

while Doku and Savinho will be a constant threat down the flanks.
Rico, Kovacic and Rodri will give us control.

Psychologically, this would be a masterstroke. For starters, Arteta and co would not have planned for this. Whatever plans they had for Haaland and motivation they had is gone, they go into the game confused. Gabriel and Saliba would not get what they have been preparing for.

Also, Haaland on the bench would mean his ego would be hurt, a wounded viking animal waiting to be unleashed.
whatever the gamestate, when the Arsenal players and City fans see Haaland and KDB warming up to come on in the second half, the stadium will erupt and the Arsenal players will shit themselves, making them go even further back into their shells. This is not what they planned for.
No.

Watching the prematch build up on USA (NBC), which is taking place live from their fan fest event in Chicago (I went to the Boston fan fest they put on many moons ago), you would think the match was being played at the Emirates.

It is literally all about Arsenal, with nearly every pundit saying the “criticism that Arsenal plays City not to lose” is not fair and arguing that Arteta, of all managers in the world, knows how to setup his team to be successful against a Pep side.

It’s quite surprising as they are usually far more balanced in their coverage than the likes of Sky. The desperation for us to lose has seemingly spread to every corner of world football. It’s honestly difficult to believe Liverpool or United (or even Arsenal) would get the same treatment if they were going for their fifth league title on the trot.

It was so bad I had to turn it off.

Last edited:
Hello Blues. I think we have to try something new. Now hear me out on this one.

Arsenal/Arteta are going to park the bus and play on the counter / rely on set pieces. The foundation of their gameplan relies HEAVILY on their defense being on their A game.

Gabriel/Saliba are licking their lips and are probably dreaming of playing like prime Nesta and Maldini getting ready and motivated to stop Haaland.

We know how ineffective Haaland can be against a deep block, especially an organized one who are on red alert for him.

I think we should INNOVATE. Throw a spanner in the works. Hear me out. I think Haaland should be on the bench.

3 ATB with Gvardiol, Dias & Akanji
3 in midfield, Rodri as the 6 with Kovacic and Rico either sides of him to have control in the midfield
Doku and Savinho on the flanks to provide threat from the flanks
Gundogan and Foden both as false 9s, attacking midfielders in the middle

Tactically, Pep said Rico, Foden and Gundogan are our best players in the pockets so this system allows all 3 to be in there.

while Doku and Savinho will be a constant threat down the flanks.
Rico, Kovacic and Rodri will give us control.

Psychologically, this would be a masterstroke. For starters, Arteta and co would not have planned for this. Whatever plans they had for Haaland and motivation they had is gone, they go into the game confused. Gabriel and Saliba would not get what they have been preparing for.

Also, Haaland on the bench would mean his ego would be hurt, a wounded viking animal waiting to be unleashed.
whatever the gamestate, when the Arsenal players and City fans see Haaland and KDB warming up to come on in the second half, the stadium will erupt and the Arsenal players will shit themselves, making them go even further back into their shells. This is not what they planned for.
Mikel, FFS, get off your phone and focus on the game already. Arsenal needs to adjust to us, not the other way round.

Watching the prematch build up on USA (NBC), which is taking place live from their fan fest event in Chicago (I went to the Boston fan fest they put on many moons ago), you would think the match was being played at the Emirates.

It is literally all about Arsenal, with nearly every pundit saying the “criticism that Arsenal plays City not to lose” is not fair and arguing that Arteta, of all managers in the world, knows how to setup his team to be successful against a Pep side.

It’s quite surprising as they are usually far more balanced in their coverage than the likes of Sky. The desperation for us to lose has seemingly spread to every corner of world football. It’s honestly difficult to believe Liverpool or United (or even Arsenal) would get the same treatment if they were going for their fifth league title on the trot.
Reminder that Tim Howard (Arsenal proponent to win the EPL for at least 3+ years and running) and Robbie Mustoe (sp? I don't care) picked ARSE to win it all this year.

Robbie Earle and Rebecca Lowe picked City to win it all right before this season started.

They have to stick to the narrative. No surprises.

Glad I got to get me and my Blues attire on TV this past spring in Nashville standing right behind him when Tim was on the screen to remind him of what was to come!
It was so bad I had to turn it off.
I slept in so I missed it this AM. Sounds like I made the right call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.