Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's a better option than Walker these days.

Ortega
Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Ake
Rodri, Kovacic
Benardo, De Bruyne, Foden
Haaland

Also, think with Kovacic available there's no need to rush Grealish back in a game like this. If Kovacic wasn't fit it might be worth bringing Jack in to steady the midfield ship but Kovacic brings a lot of control and composure anyway (and also has good ball carrying abilities much like Jack).

Will be very tough this one. Arsenal came into the 4-1 game last season defeated before the first whistle but their confidence is high this season and they'll be a different proposition. We're gonna have to beat them differently this time. We can definitely do it but they're a much tougher prospect this year.
Like this but if Ake and Gvad are on the field at the same time Ake will be CB and Gvad LB. Don't think the opposite has happened yet this season.

I fully expect one of Stones or Walker to make the bench, we will be fine.

Bigger decision for me is whether Pep goes with Kova alongside Rodders for control; or a quartet of Doku, Phil, Kev and Bernie behind the Viking.
There’s no decision to make imo. We’re already without Stones in the midfield build up, so if he doesn’t put Kovacic in there, it’s curtains before it even begins. Kovacic HAS to play.

it’s curtains before it even begins. Kovacic HAS to play.
Yip, Farteta will have Joginho, Declan Lice, Fartin Odourguard & Kai Have-it playing as a box midfield formation engulfing our midfield if Godri is out there on his own.

There’s no decision to make imo. We’re already without Stones in the midfield build up, so if he doesn’t put Kovacic in there, it’s curtains before it even begins. Kovacic HAS to play.
We all thought Pep would play Kova at scousers, but he didn’t, and was wrong imo.

Take nothing for granted when the bald fraud is in town.

At some point, the best sides in sport lose their reign. For me, the current Man City side is far weaker than last year - last year we had Gundo, Mahrez and an in-form Grealish. Now we have Nunes/Kovacic and Doku as replacements. Meanwhile we're playing Gvardiol at LB where he is struggling - whereas he was, past season, a world class center back.

Our team is worse than it was last year in these positions - and meanwhile Liverpool (especially) and Arsenal (somewhat) are better.

It's not clear to me that we're the best side in the P/L this year - and on top of all of the above, we have a tough run-in.

TBH - I think we'll end up 3rd in the P/L this year and will not win the Champions League. A draw v. Arsenal would be a great result - but as both sides are so close in ability I don't know who will win.
cheery soul ain’t ya mate, bit more positivity wouldn’t go a miss, not all this negative outlook, putting years on me you are, well leather em sunday don’t worry mucka.

So; if what City Xtra have tweeted is reliable it looks like it may be "only" Walker and Stones who won't be available. Why did that tw@ play them? Surely, you use friendlies to try out new players, not fellas who you are more than aware of what their capabilities are.

he played em coz he’s a waistcoat wearing worm, who has about as much tactical expertise as a sausage roll, he’s bobbins and has contributed to our title challenge in a negative way, he’s typical F.A. yes man, but don’t worry Pep will sort it Sunday mate

with some back in training revised from other day

Eddie
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gvadiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Berny
Kev
Foden
Haaland

or

Eddie
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gvadiol
Rodri
Berny
Foden
Kev
Grealish
Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.