Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to Like but I refuse.

Still believe it's 3 until it isn't.

We haven't been troubled in CL or FA Cup yet and our points total in PL could and probably should be 6 / 8 points better than it is.

Still think Dips and Arse have monumental collapses in them, they aren't all that!
I know what you mean mate. I still think we are the best team.

It only really started to look like we could do the treble after we beat Real Madrid in the semis last year, maybe late April. We’d beaten arsenal, we had a favourable FA Cup draw…This could happen again within the next few weeks. I haven’t given up on it at all. I believe we are good enough to win another treble if we can keep our key players fit. I just have this feeling that burnout will affect us in this forthcoming period.

I know there’s not science or logic behind this but we are “due” (ie it’s never happened before) to just miss our on a premier league title. I can live with that if we win the champions league to be honest. We’ve had some terrible luck in that one by contrast.

You failed to answer a single one of my questions.

Cheers that you're 100% for City - I am too (in spite of what you may believe). But I'm a realist. Our squad this year isn't nearly as good as it was last season - and Liverpool and Arsenal are better (and in the case of Liverpool... significantly better).
Significantly better- true. We’re miles behind Liverpool. You’ve only got to look at the table.

Want to Like but I refuse.

Still believe it's 3 until it isn't.

We haven't been troubled in CL or FA Cup yet and our points total in PL could and probably should be 6 / 8 points better than it is.

Still think Dips and Arse have monumental collapses in them, they aren't all that!
Still don’t know why people think this. I think it’s lazy to think this way and assume they’re gonna collapse like last year. They’re a much better team this year, they have an excellent coach, a better goalie, arguably the signing of the season in Declan Rice, and they have a solid defense who don’t give up many goals. The only weak link is they don’t have a top quality striker but they’re still managing to rack up the goals from other areas. It pains to me to say it, but the dippers also look very strong and have an easier run in. They have klipperty Klopp that they will run through a brick wall for.
Personally I can’t see any monumental slipups. We’re going to have to be perfect to win this.

At some point, the best sides in sport lose their reign. For me, the current Man City side is far weaker than last year - last year we had Gundo, Mahrez and an in-form Grealish. Now we have Nunes/Kovacic and Doku as replacements. Meanwhile we're playing Gvardiol at LB where he is struggling - whereas he was, past season, a world class center back.

Our team is worse than it was last year in these positions - and meanwhile Liverpool (especially) and Arsenal (somewhat) are better.

It's not clear to me that we're the best side in the P/L this year - and on top of all of the above, we have a tough run-in.

TBH - I think we'll end up 3rd in the P/L this year and will not win the Champions League. A draw v. Arsenal would be a great result - but as both sides are so close in ability I don't know who will win.
I believe it’s the fixture list that’s going to be the problem for us but I do agree we’re not as good as last year. The great thing about City though is we’re used to coming back from the dead so you can never right us off.

Where I don’t agree with you is that the dippers are significantly better than us. That is utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Not even sure it’s that much of a quandary tbh. Surely has to be Kovacic imo.
I’d start Kova, but as I said in a different post, I also thought that’d be the case at anfield and Pep proved us wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.