Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to self - don't engage with any Algerians on twitter with the suggestion that Bernardo should play ahead of Riyad tonight then Riyad in for Fulham. Crikes it's like I killed someone - trying to tell me Bernardo doesn't work as hard as Riyad - Blinkered the lot of them I tell you.
Very relatable, my biggest mistake ever was suggesting that Riyad shouldn't take penalties even though he'd missed his previous 3.

A lot of them decided to take aim at me rather than give me a suitable counter argument, but thats twitter for you haha.

Nah, tonight is crucial. It’s the only time either team can control the other’s result. If we win we reward ourselves with the lifeline of being able to lose and draw 2 of the remaining matches and still have it in our hands. Considering we have Real Madrid to factor in, this lifeline would be incredibly important and boosts our treble chances no end. I hope we’re not seeing this as anything other than a must-win. It’s huge.
Yep absolutely spot on. Win and we give ourselves some big wiggle room moving forward, which (as you say) due to the Madrid games could be needed. Also if we win i expect this to get into the heads of Arsenal and they will drop points in the next 2 games (v Chelsea and Newcastle). A draw isn't the end of the world, but a defeat could and most probably will end our title reign. Lets stamp them out by winning tonight, no messing, perform like we did v Bayern and we will be fine. I'm nervous of course but I predict a 3-1 win.

Been really confident all week but nerves kicking in now. I do feel we will have too much for them.

I didnt realise they don't play at the weekend.... so IF we win tonight, we then have the chance to go top at Fulham and looking at the next 3/4 fixtures of both sides, we would be in a very, very strong position and think we would could have a decent lead after the Everton game.

It's not ultimately decisive but it absolutely is going to shape the league from here on in. We win and i'd say we are 90% home and dry, lose and it shifts back in their favour.

COME ON CITY

Been really confident all week but nerves kicking in now. I do feel we will have too much for them.

I didnt realise they don't play at the weekend.... so IF we win tonight, we then have the chance to go top at Fulham and looking at the next 3/4 fixtures of both sides, we would be in a very, very strong position and think we would could have a decent lead after the Everton game.

It's not ultimately decisive but it absolutely is going to shape the league from here on in. We win and i'd say we are 90% home and dry, lose and it shifts back in their favour.

COME ON CITY
win our next 4 (Arsenal, Fulham, WHU, Leeds) we go a minimum of 4 points clear on the same games before they go to Newcastle away. if we do that i think it could be all over bar the shouting before we play Madrid.

Note to self - don't engage with any Algerians on twitter with the suggestion that Bernardo should play ahead of Riyad tonight then Riyad in for Fulham. Crikes it's like I killed someone - trying to tell me Bernardo doesn't work as hard as Riyad - Blinkered the lot of them I tell you.

It will be hard tonight as this is a big moment for them - I expect them to use all their usual tactics to try and stop us. In the end if we pick a balanced team, we win. I'm going for 2-1 and having no nails left by 95 mins.
They remind me of the influx of Bosnians we had when Edin was here. Woe betide you actually criticised him. It was akin to heresy. I doubt there's even one of them still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.