Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting nervous now the way you only get for the biggest of games, can’t wait to be there

Normally I’m quite relaxed about playing Arsenal but given the magnitude of this game I’m absolutely shitting it. Chucked a big sum on them to win on skybet to soften the blow if the worst happens but I’d still be incredibly pissed off, even a draw would be quite shit.

Hope var doesn’t fuck us over so the PL get their wish of a different team winning it every season to enhance the ‘product’.

Come on City!!!! This game is for the title right here. Get it fucking won!

Friendly reminder (to those who haven't seen it on the other threads).

1894 have organised:

- A bus welcome. 6:30 outside the main stand. Get down and start building the atmosphere early!
- A pre-match display in the South Stand.
- Asked club to turn off PA before the game. They will do it if we make the noise.

Please get down early if you can and make an absolute racket! Be horrible to Arsenal and boo/jeer them on the ball. Pressure the ref. Give the players every advantage we can!

Yeah, I think you're right. I misinterpreted his post. But that would still only get us to 89 (?) pts, if we go 5-1-1.
Yes, you are right.

If we win tonight it’ll be…

Arsenal 33 75
Man City 31 73

If Arsenal win all of their remaining games, and we win 5, lose 1, and draw 1, it will finish…

Arsenal 38 90
Man City 38 89

So that won’t work.

However, we could win 5 and draw 2 and likely win it on goal difference.

Winning 6 and losing 1 also wins it for us.

Regardless of the permutations, winning tonight significantly increases the likelihood of us winning the league.

Its a bit like Leicester in 2016. If they beat us here, it will actually show they have the quality, team ethic and bottle to win the league. City to win 3-1.

I agree with all of that, but that doesn’t contradict the wider narrative being formed by the media and rival fans that they are “bottling” the league.

That exists regardless if it actually makes sense.

And make no mistake, if we beat Arsenal tonight, that narrative will really begin to consume them, specifically because they will have thrown away a strong position.

If they, and their fans, have made a mistake, it is to think they are up there with the best versions of City or Liverpool. Their fans thought they'd easily go above 90 pts. Even some City fans thought so. In reality, they've been lucky to drop only 7 pts in the first 19 games. They have dropped 14 pts in the next 13 games which is about their actual level. Normal service resumed. They are a very good team and can win any game if they are lucky. They are not City or Liverpool good, though.

I don’t disagree, but at least Villa has talent. We can at least now see how they managed to hang with us. The Forest game i won’t be able to make my peace with unless we win the league.
Why not? Sometimes you play badly and don't win a game, it happens in sport.
The only ones that make me angry are when there's match fixing involved like the derby. Even then, with all the match fixing, diving, tactical time out injuries and the ongoing VAR shitshow we have now, I find it hard to give up too much emotional energy for it all.
Just take it one game at a time, if it's a fair game just sit back and enjoy it, if it's a bent game then all you can do is let them get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.