Arsenal on Wednesday then...

It'll be really interesting this one, and how we play against the big boys away from home will have a real bearing on how far we can go this season.

I reckon our style of play is perfectly suited to playing the top sides away from home, and I can't wait to see how that plays out against probably the weakest of the three other sides in the title race.

I'd take a point, but we are capable of getting all three. If we do it'll be even harder for the football world to ignore us as a legitimate challenger.

gooney said:
waspish said:
I remember last years game, it was a comfortable 0-0! neither side really going for it! Both happy with a point, I can see the same on Wednesday! At 11/4 for the draw looks very tempting!
tbh last season was after we blew our title chances and had nothing to play for.....Why Mancini gave us so much respect I never know as our players were not up for it. This time we have everything to play for. I think it will be an open game as we are very attacking at home, and you are very good at countering and will have plenty of space. With players like rvp, nasri, fabregas, silva, tevez and balotelli you have players who are all capable of producing magic. This game will be won on one of these players stepping up and produce something special

Funnily enough I'd thought being out of the title race would of made you play with more freedom and really go for it! We had more at stake going for top four! Like I said I thought it was comfortable draw neither side going for it!

will be intersting battles round the pitch NDJ and Yaya will be the key if we grip the midfield we can get at least a draw

I don't think it will be a tight game.I can see a fair few goals in this one.Unfortunately,I can see it being 3-2 or 4-2 for the arse.It wouldn't be the end of the world,2 defeats in 12 games.I'd have accepted that if it was offered a couple of months ago,so if we do get beat,I won't be too disheartened.

Tough one this, though I'd be surprised if we lose this match.
Home win or draw.
Don't think Wenger will make the same mistake resting 8 players ala Wigan game. He'll be playing his best available team and the boys will be up for this one.
As will you guys.

If there's one new years resolution we should all make it's to be more positive. The days of fearing Arsenal, Chelsea, United and even Barcelona have gone. I, for one, expect us to go to Arsenal and win. We may well get beat or draw but at the start of the game I'm expecting victory and I want every single one of our players to believe that too. I know it's psycho babble but a Positive Mental Attitude is absolutely crucial for us to become a winning club. If you look at the top of the Premiership Table this afternoon we are above Arsenal, I'll say that again we are above Arsenal. Let Arsenal think a draw is a good result for me only a win will be a good result.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
some posts on this thread are idiotic.

it's a must win game if we want to win the title imo.

A draw is not a disaster with so many games remaining.

It's a must win game anyway. Spuds are right behind us with a game in hand and are in form. Chelsea are getting back to winning ways, Arse will keep picking up points as will the rags so really we need to win this to keep Champs league alive not just title hopes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.