Arsenal or Tottenham? And other local rivalries.

Boooo.
Chester over Wrecsam...
I was waiting for someone to mention this massive grudge match...although not much of a match anymore
My abiding memory of those games is the (away) Wrexham support setting fire to Union Jacks & England flags at half time … and authorities just basically saying, ‘on you go lads’.

Apart from the arse spurs one there’s a fair consensus it seems.

The north London one is the odd one out for me, I genuinely dislike both equally strongly. Even between united and liverpool I can distinguish who I dislike the most, but north London is impossible to rank separately for me.
Basically they are tied equally in 3rd place on my Table Of Dislike!

Must be the blue influence that does it, Wednesday over United
Rovers over City
Albion over Wolves
Rangers over Celtic
Everton over Liverpool

After that Hearts over Hibs, Dundee over United
Sunderland v Newcastle and Soton v Portsmouth not fussed either way.

Used to be Villa till the 2020 final, after that I realised that they were the Brummie version of the Rags.

But for Spurs v Arsenal the OP was right, Spurs have ideas above their station, beating us every year is their equivalent of winning the league.
As for the other lot, moved to North London as they were getting no crowds south of the river, cheated their way into the top division at the end of WW1 and have been there ever since. Yet they think they are a class club. Do me a favour!

Not local rivals but I'd like to see Wick Academy beat L'pool.
That'd be the Candle Cup Final.

I don’t like Spurs. But I’d choose them over letter-headed Woolwich. I can’t stand Arsenal.

West Ham and QPR over all other London clubs
Sunderland over Newcastle
Pompey over Southampton
Bristol Rovers over City
Brum over Villa
Everton over Liverpool
Wednesday over United
Derby over Forest
Swansea over Cardiff
I quite like both West Brom and Wolves
I hate United and Liverpool equally

Queens Park over Celtic and Rangers
Hearts over Hibs
Torino over Juve
Hamburg over St Pauli
Nurnburg over Bayern
Shalke over Dortmund
Espanyol over Barça
Rayo Vallecano over Atléti and Madrid
Sevilla over Betis
I like both Real Sociedad and Bilbao and always want them to beat all other Spanish teams.
Arsenal over spurs for me...cannt stand spurs and never could
Newcastle over Sunderland
Birmingham over Villa
West Ham over all the over London clubs (including Arsenal)
Everton over Liverpool
Hate Liverpool more than Utd

Barca over Madrid every time
Rangers over Celtic
Sheff Wed over Sheff Utd
Forest over Derby (I spent 3 years living in Nottingham and met a lot of really nice people there -even went to a couple of forest games )

Never really thought about the rest

Possibly dislike Spurs more, just because Arsenal were the only team stopping United winning the league for a few years and was behind them to win it back then , not to mention they played some great football in those days - plus Bergcamp is still one of my favourite non City p.l players. We also don't have any trouble beating them over the past few years lol.

Saying that Spurs generally harmless in regards to being a rival for trophies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.