Arsenal post match thread

Ok, i will just qoute my few posts from the match thread which quickly got lost in a sea of one line replies.

The biggest thing for me with city in recent times, yes the defense has been bad, but more worrying is the complete lack of cohesion and cutting edge in attack.

Decent chances go wasted so many times its unreal, look at the top clubs like bayern, and they create and put away good chances for fun...think how many times city create really good space around the opposition box>???? I mean teh kind of true opening you can get a decent shot off...its barely ever.

Always wide, square, wide, square, back, back forward, wide, square rinse and repeat.

I blame training methods as much as anything personally. This makes more sense when you consider they sometimes have an organised period of the game before mentally dropping off into garbage. Stinks of a lack of intensity and drilling on the training ground.

re yaya(even in spite of him scoring a nice goal and having a good 15 minute spell when everyone was running around the pitch likes crazed animals)...

This is one of the main problems at the moment. At his age and stamina this guy should be playing 30 mins max per game as a sub whilst giving 100%. Instead he still thinks, in his delusional and entitled mind, that he should play every game and give 20%.

Its piss wet lettuce management, and any manager that ponders to this kind of player should not be at any club in the top flight.

This is ironic because just before the game on sky thierry henry did a little piece on pep's tiki taka style. Basically he outlined that pep said his job was to organise the field up until the final 25%. After this in Henry's words it was "up to the attackers".

I'm sat here thinking this would still leave a distinct lack of cutting edge as a real problem even with pep in charge.
Re point 3...i thougjt the same

Played for about 30 mins of a 90 min game.

Arsenal worked hard, we didn't and they took the 2 chances they got whilst we fluffed our lines again.

Pellergrini is gone and Pep is coming but he can't track a runner or move into space or close down a player himself, his players have to do that and we have too many who seemingly can't be arsed most of the time.

Not happy at all.

This is what worries me. We stand off players and let them pick passes at will. We are not allowed the same space by the opposition,
so why the fuck do we not defend properly. I'm losing patience with Manuel. He say he wants to play attacking, entertaining football.
But it's bloody hard when you're chasing games all the time. Entertaining for who? The fucking opposition.

Ah well; looking on the bright side, we have a new badge to look forward to. I can't wait for boxing day to come, when we get to see said badge. Brilliant.

Ordinary effort once again led by a manager who just isn't good enough even in this ordinary league.

No fight in this team whatsoever when it really matters.

Whoever thougnt it was a good idea to go into new season without upgrading on 30year old full backs needs a kicking, mangala is the second coming of joe as defender

Very unlucky considering the wonder strike from Walcott and comical passing from Mangala. On another day we draw that.

Lots of positives, onwards and upwards for me after that 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.